Pregnant with FWB

Teanna

Reaction score
So I'm kinda freaking out now. I'm 4W1D pregnant and just found out last Tuesday. I told the father yesterday , who is a FWB and also a work colleague. I told him I'm keeping it as there's no way I could go through with an abortion. I also told him he can walk away if he wants, I was considering having a baby on my own in a couple years anyway with donor sperm so was okay with the idea of being a single mom if need be. He told me if I go through with it, he would want full custody of the child and essentially doen't want me to raise it at all. This is incredibly hurtful. Anyone have experience with this. I have no problem co-parenting and working things out with him, but I have a feeling this is going to be a legal nightmare. I'm not sure how worried I should be?

So I'm kinda freaking out now. I'm 4W1D pregnant and just found out last Tuesday. I told the father yesterday , who is a FWB and also a work colleague. I told him I'm keeping it as there's no way I could go through with an abortion. I also told him he can walk away if he wants, I was considering having a baby on my own in a couple years anyway with donor sperm so was okay with the idea of being a single mom if need be. He told me if I go through with it, he would want full custody of the child and essentially doen't want me to raise it at all. This is incredibly hurtful. Anyone have experience with this. I have no problem co-parenting and working things out with him, but I have a feeling this is going to be a legal nightmare. I'm not sure how worried I should be?

You are doing the right thing. I am excited that you are keeping the baby and that you are going to have so much joy that a child brings into your life. You love your child already and you are a good mommy I can feel it. You just take one day at a time and take care of you and your baby and the rest of life will fall into place. Do you have a good and positive support system? If you need any resources just shoot me a message and I will be happy to pass them along. You are worthy of having joy in your life and so is your child. I am very proud of you.

You are doing the right thing. I am excited that you are keeping the baby and that you are going to have so much joy that a child brings into your life. You love your child already and you are a good mommy I can feel it. You just take one day at a time and take care of you and your baby and the rest of life will fall into place. Do you have a good and positive support system? If you need any resources just shoot me a message and I will be happy to pass them along. You are worthy of having joy in your life and so is your child. I am very proud of you.
Thanks, Hope for Today. I've always intended to be a parent in the near future so there was never any chance of me not having this baby. I've since worked things out since writing that, my main concern was the father fighting for full custody but I've learned there's no way he would win anyways and he's now dropped the issue. My family and friends are supportive. I'm in my late 20's and financialy stable so I expect things will work themselves out. I'm a bit anxious as I've had a blighted ovum/ MMC and a couple early losses in the past but so far this seems to be a sticky bean.

Last edited:
I'm glad to read your issue has been resolved! And yes, indeed, do not worry mama! I mean it would take an insane situation for him to win FULL custody. I mean, you'd have to be like - a real danger to that child and I mean he would need a pile and pile of proof of what a horrible human being you are (which, I'm sure you're not, therefor, he has nothing, haha!) It's not an ideal stress-free situation to have someone like that around you, but you should try to not stress too much. Congrats on your pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->