Pregnant with no HCG?!?!

smc83

Reaction score
So I’m dealing with an absolutely crazy situation. I’ve been TTC for almost 3 years now. I chronically test with both OPK and HPT…like multiple times a day. My cycles are usually 28 days like clockwork. However, since February, the cycle length has been shorter, periods have been lighter and OPK was somewhat confusing in March to the point where I couldn’t really tell if I ovulated or not. ALL HPTs (multiple brands/types) have been BFN. I have a history of endo, so I thought maybe I needed another laparoscopy. So I go in to OBGYN, he does an internal sono and there’s this sack with what appears to be a fetal pole in it. It measured at 6w 3d, but had no heartbeat. Both blood & urine HCG tests were 0. The thing is, they’ve clearly been 0 this whole time or I would have caught it with HPT. Dr. is insisting on D & C, but I’m not sure enough of what is going on to jump to that extreme so quickly. Tried going to hospital & since my HCG was 0 they refused to do another sono to check things further. All the pregnancy clinics in my town and surrounding areas are the same (no positive urine = no sono). I’m left with absolutely no way to figure out what’s going on.

In the meantime, I continue to bleed sporadically. Pretty good flow with a few small clots, but nothing like usual (I usually bleed and clot A LOT, so this is definitely less than usual). Other than this, all pregnancy signs are present (sore breasts, slight nausea, extreme fatigue, gas, full-feeling abdomen, headaches, slightly elevated blood pressure, REALLY high cervix, stringy fertile-like CM…EVERYTHING I’ve always had with all 7 of my previous pregnancies)

I’m extremely confused & stressed out already, so if you have negative comments, please just keep scrolling. I’m looking for specific information.

1. Has anyone had any personal experience, or personally know anyone who experienced, a stealth/cryptic pregnancy (pregnancy with no HCG for weeks or months)?

2. Has anyone had a heartbeat be undetectable past 6w 3d then later get a heartbeat? I’ve had 7 kids and I would swear mine were more around 8 weeks, but can’t remember for sure.

I’m not so far out as to believe that I’ll be pregnant for years as some literature suggests is possible with these “cryptic” pregnancies, but it seems at least somewhat reasonable to me that a hormonal imbalance caused by stress etc. could cause HCG results to be off. Whatever the case, this baby grew for 6w 3d completely undetected by HPT. Therefore, what’s to say it won’t continue to grow? And what’s to say 6 weeks with no heartbeat automatically means it was a miscarriage? I’m just confused…please help!!!

It is possible to not have a heartbeat at 6+3 and have one later.

As far as the rest though, I truly have no idea as I've never heard of anything like this before, especially as hcg is needed in a pregnancy. I would say if your doctor feels its safe to wait, see if they'll do another scan in 10 days to see if there's any growth.

How many blood tests have they done? Was it just the one? If it was just the one that came back at zero, I'd say that there could've been an error with the lab. There was actually a post on here not that long ago where that did happen.

Other than that, it sounds truly confusing and stressful. I'm sorry you're going through this :( I hope you get some answers and please keep us posted :hugs:

Your situation sounds very similar to what happened with me. Fee free to check out my Journal to see my story. I hope yours has a happier ending than mine did. Don't let the doctors bully you. If the pregnancy is viable in a few more weeks you can definitely see proof with an ultrasound or hear the heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->