Pregnant with twins? I need your help. Doppler question!

corrie anne

Mom of 7 girls and 4 boys
Reaction score
The choices i have made for this pregnancy was perfect for me. I am doing my own prenatal care and delivering my own baby, I dont need anyone telling me how bad this is or anything, ive done my research and im happy with my choices.

That being said.

I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks. at the er saw one baby. Had a scan at 5 weeks as well and found 2 sacs one they said had fluid in it.

Ive been getting two different heart beats on my doppler for a few months now. today one was in my pelvis on the left side (reading 150s)and the other was in my right rib area(reading 120s). Would that sac have turned nto a twin and if so wouldnt i have seen it at 7 weeks scan?
Any thoughts?

This is me today Im also measuring 39 weeks
https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/swiftjade/10473350_879740202039277_6231394341091955899_n.jpg

To be honest, I think I would look into booking a private scan. I know lots of women do things all on their own and everything is fine, but if there is a chance of twins it might be wise to be prepared instead of being completely surprised come delivery time.

120 is in a normal hb range for a pregnant woman. The second could be your own. But it probably would be worth your time and money to get a private scan just to be sure. Good luck.

I personally think it would be safer to get a private scan just to see if there's two in there. If you plan to deliver your own baby it would be best to be prepared if there's two in there.

The lower one could be the placenta/your heartbeat. Will you go for an ultrasound?

if youre measuring very big could the second sac be a cyst that's growing? Id get it checked out just so you know what you're dealing with

You don't look that big so I'd say only one baby in there, with that said though it's not something I'd like to jump into blind! 120 does sound too low to be a healthy fetus though, but I'd still wanna get checked!

You don't look that big so I'd say only one baby in there, with that said though it's not something I'd like to jump into blind! 120 does sound too low to be a healthy fetus though, but I'd still wanna get checked!

I agree with what everyone else has said about looking into a private scan.

Just wanted to mention my baby's heartbeat has been between 120's and the 140's this whole time and he's completely healthy. Just saying 120 is not too low to make a healthy fetus.

I personally do not do US but being you had 2 already I assume you are ok with a fast 3rd to check?

I am not sure how hard that would be to find a place willing to just do a fast peek but maybe worth a shot. IMO if your worried it may interfere with labor. The more kids you have the faster you show so I would think that could be a factor in your measurements being ahead. Did you do own prenatal care or have records of past pregnancies?

I'm going to echo what the other posters have said.
If you are comfortable with the idea of it, I think a very quick private scan would be of benefit to you. If there are two babies in there, and you are planning on doing it all without medical intervention, I think for safety reasons, it's really important that you don't leave yourself open to those sorts of suprises!

Agree with PPs! I would not want to be surprised with twins, especially if I were delivering on my own.

Thanks for all your replies. im having a midwife come in this evening to feel my belly. They are trained to know how to feel babys position. So shewill know if there were two, if she doesnt suspect two thats great, if she does i may have a uick scan just to be sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->