Pregnant women in UK to be tested for smoking

I suppose it could make the woman think about what she's doing - ie if she gets a high reading might make her realise what she's putting into her baby's body. I had it at 12 weeks and wasn't offended. I also doubt it costs much. I see what people are saying about being grown adults and not needing our hands held but you'd be surprised just how clueless some people are or they think it won't matter.

I had it too, but its not just for smoking, because it tests the levels of carbon monoxide in your body it can show up possible poisoning if you get a high reading and aren't a smoker for example, so is useful in this way I suppose :) xx

My mum is a non smoker and always has been but she had a medical in which this was included and her reading was higher than someone that smokes 20 a day just from being around smokers! That scared me as my sister smokes in her house with her children in it. I am a ex smoker. Myself and hubby stopped as soon as we found out I am pregnant and my reading was very low x

If you dont mind me asking what was your reading?
I'm an ex smoker too, gave up 5 years ago, my reading was 2. I was a bit suprised tbh i expected it to be zero after that length of time!
Although saying that i did smoke 20 a day for 17 years so that must have done a bit of damage :(

I had one at my booking in appointment, I have never smoked a cigarette in my life neither been round someone smoking yet my test came back yellow. It highlighted carbon monoxide in my system which was linked to our boiler so I'm glad I had it but I was really surprised by the result and I felt guilty for no reason. I'm sure the midwife thought I was lying about smoking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->