Pregnant women

I did it when I was pregnant too, with both babies. It calms the baby down. I kinda explain it like this... when you hold a baby, it's very natural to pat it's back or rub it's back... well, you tend to do the same thing with your belly, without even thinking about it.

Its probably something you wont understand until you have your own bump! I did it and it wasn't to rub it into people who want a baby :shrug: it was just natural, same way as I rested my hands on my bump when I was sitting down. Also, I had stretching pains quite a lot and rubbing it helped the pain and sometimes LO would push a certain way that was sore so I'd prod her so she'll switch position.

I remember wondering the same thing and thinking I would never do that... and then I couldn't stop rubbing the bump once I had one! I have no idea why, it seems like a very natural thing to do, like patting a baby's bottom.

I did that too :lol: I dont think anyone thinks about it, you just do it :) Feels nice.

Yeah please don't let it upset you, it is a very natural thing for pregnant women to do, like breathing I guess, you don't even think about it when you do it.
It didnt bother me when I was WTT, but I can kind of see what you mean, you just needed to vent about it.

:hugs:

I do this too but totally dont realise im doing half the time. Its like a reassuring thing and i like the feel of my belly :blush: My BIL actually commented on it the other day when we were out and asked why I done it. Him and his GF are TTC and I think he might have been feeling a bit like urself though that was not my intention. xoxo

When I was pregnant with my son I started doing this at about 6 weeks pregnant and I didn't even look pregnant or had told many people!! I reckon its a protection thing, people get so attached to their little bean as soon as they know it exists!!

Just remember many women go through huge emotional journeys to get their bump so don't be too mad if seeing them makes you upset!!

Now I'm ttc again pregnant women are everywhere, but I try to remember that lots of people go through so much to get that bump and that makes me more positive in getting there myself!!

xx

I used to do it loads when I was pregnant with Alex. I'm not sure why its just one of those things I did. Especially when it was cold I rubbed my belly, trying to keep him warm :) I stopped as soon as he was born but then when he died I found myself doing it again. It was that closness I missed, with my son being in my tummy. Afterall after he died I should have still been pregnant with him, rubbing my belly!! xxx

For me I think it was a protective thing which became habit. It's a way of bonding with your baby before they're born x

I sometimes imagine pregnancy like a glowing radiant experience of pure happiness, a few times I have had dreams of being pregnant and its just like this. I can imagine my hands would go like magnet towards my bump, I even rub my tummy just imagining I am pregnant and smile. I suppose you do it as a feeling of protecting the baby, being in touch, and it must get into such a habit, that once you give birth you probably carry on doing it, like when i am not wearing my glasses and my hands still goes to my nose to push them up haha

i did this all the time to for many reasons its comforting to rub your belly as you feel asif your rubbing the baby, it helps aches and pains and also for protection when your out and about sometimes you forget the size of your bump and are forever banging it and to stop anyone else banging it.

too funny. its a totally natural thing to do, when i was pg i had no idea i was even doing it, i think its a protective thing and feeling your baby move, my husband pointed it out to me that i was doing it! I couldn't stop it just happens.

Yea think it is natural too xD. My sister is also already doing that and she is hardly showing yet (at 17 weeks)

I did this when I was pregnant too, very early on i relaised it would help ease stretching pains, not sure why but it worked so I did it.

I would definately do it if I were pregnant. I can imaging you would be so proud and happy that you would always want to touch your bump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->