Pregnitude/vitex question

Ruby14

Reaction score
Can you take these two together? Does anyone know of a reason not to or have experience taking them both at the same time?

I'm taking both Pregnitude and fertilaid which contains vitex this cycle. I started Pregnitude last cycle and started spotting 5 days before AF so doc suggested I only do 1 packet a day since that was the only thing different last cycle. I'm 3dpo and stopping the vitex supplement today because it says to stop once pregnancy is confirmed anyway and Im afraid of it messing with my cycle.

I just started pregnitude and have been taking vitex for about a year. It helped shorten my cycle from about 180 days to about 50 days. But for the last 5 cycles I have started spotting at 9 dpo and so I decided to start pregnitude and then progesterone cream once O is confirmed. I was just trying to make sure they werent working against each other.

Do you have normal cycles already? Or did you take fertilaid to help that?

I already have normal cycles and I kinda feel like these supplements are messing with them. My doctor suggested Pregnitude to help with my recent acne breakouts...it is supposed to help regulate your insulin. My acne has been getting better but after bleeding for 12 days straight last cycle I'm skepticle. I'll see what happens this month.

I also tried natural progesterone cream several months ago - the month before starting TTC. It was before I talked to my doc about TTC and I had read it could help with severe PMS. That's when my skin erupted and my acne got worse than it had ever been. I'm guessing I don't have a progesterone deficiency and it was too much progesterone.

I decided to try fertilaid on my own after 4 unsuccessful months of TTC (one CP) to improve egg quality. I haven't really had any negative side effects. Ovulated on schedule while taking it along with Pregnitude.

Thank you for sharing! I was worried about egg quality and uterine lining. It also stated it may help regulate. I always O so late. Then once O got a little more regular my LP became too short! That's why i wanted to try the progesterone cream so thanks for letting me know about that and I'll be really careful not to over do that. Thank you for all the info it was so helpful!!

No problem and good luck! Everyone is different and sometimes you just have to try something and see how it goes! One other thing - my doctor suggested baby aspirin to help with uterine lining after my CP. I take one 81mg baby aspirin every day. Even if I don't get a BFP this cycle I'm hoping it will help AF be less clotty and maybe in turn shorter.

Hope you O soon!

Ahh thank you I didn't know that either! I hope you see your bfp this month but if not then I really hope your af lightens up and gives you a break!

I haven't used pregnitude or vitex but I use maca which is a natural adaptogen (it's supposed to help balance your hormones regardless of the "problem"). I always spot before AF and I think maca may have reduced that for me this cycle (my second cycle taking it). I can definitely attest to the fact that my pms is much less severe with maca (aside from mood which is about the same)

Well maybe I'll have to give that a try after a few cycles of pregnitude if it doesn't seem to be helping. I've seen a lot of people talk about taking it. I'm not really sure why i chose to try pregnitude first. I think because it's also good for uterine and ovary health? Which I'm freaked out about because i get my period early and then barely bleed at all. So I'm worried my lining isn't thick enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->