premature babies because of preeclampsia?

fernie3

Reaction score
hi
I have two children, my first is now 4 and was born at 41 weeks all fine 7 pounds 6 but i developed preeclampsia right at the end,
my second now two I started with blood pressure problems and was on medications from 27 weeks but did not get preeclampsia until 34 weeks my son was born at 35 weeks (by scan)I thought it was more like 36 by LMP. he was 5 pounds 8 and pretty good, he didnt need any extra time in hospital although for the first few months we did have a few problems that MAY have been down to him being a little early mainly with his breathing - he was in hospital twice because he was having trouble breathing and he also had pretty bad relux which he had medication for.

Anyway I am now pregnant again and my blood pressure is playing up again but this time it all seems to be developing much more quickly than with my son, I have already been admitted to hospital once and i am now having blood pressure check every few days. The doctor I spoke to last was very negative about going to full term even though I am still hoping for that. I am 29 weeks now.

If you had high blood pressure preeclampsia how long did it take for them to decide you should deliver - Even at 35/36 weeks we had a few problems that I dont think we would have if he had been later and the conversation with my doctor has terrified me into thinking this baby might be even earlier.

sophie

Hi,
It really depends how quickly the pre-eclampsia is devoping. I was admitted at 28 weeks and was kept in hospital for two weeks, until I delivered (semi-emergency c-section) at 30+4. The fact that you've not been admitted into hospital and kept there is probably a good sign.

If you don't mind me asking what exactly is your blood pressure roughly and how many + of protein have you had in your urine? Mine progressed very slowly as well. My blood pressure was high for me, but not through the roof like I've heard from other ppl. My protein was VERY high so I was kept in.

What finished me off was when I had a scan the day before and the amniotic fluid levels had decreased in one of my twins sacs. I'd had a scan the week before and that was fine (but I didn't have much faith in that technician). Have you been scanned recently?

Sorry this has turned out to be quite long. I guess everyone's different but you can hold in for quite a long time, just be wary of any symptoms. Good luck.

Karen

My blood pressure is 155/96 and I had +1 protein they are supposed to be coming today to check it again but so far no one has come. If they dont come by about 4 i will call.

with my son it went up to 160/115 before they delivered and I had +3 and +4 protein so its not that bad yet at least

I had a scan about a week ago which showed baby was fine and they estimated around 2 and half pounds which they woman said was excellent.

sophie

Sounds like you're ok for the moment then, esp if you haven't been given bp tablets yet? Protein levels really good. That's a nice weight. Make sure that you're given your steroid jabs if you haven't been already.

I was admitted on a Saturday with BP 180/120, and they took the baby lebss then 24 hours later at 29 weeks. I had no idea I had pre-eclampsia in till that day. Noah was also very small for 29 weeks(IUGR)which can be a result from long term pre eclampisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->