Premature Babies Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ladies

I had abnormal cells twice burnt away but because mines always placenta related they have never mentioned this, i have heard that there is a link though that when youve had treatment it can lead to premature delivery im sure it was mentioned this morn on gmtv about it as they were on bout smears etc. Dona i rememeber one of mine teething at 3 months so could well be that he is teething :hugs:.
Thanks for the link for the hats but now im not sure what size to buy as dont know how early i will have this little man i was thinking shall i buy the 3-5lbs and the smaller ones?? xx

Read this link I found on the BBC web site re cells and prem births

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6227555.stm

Archie had his 6 week check up today and the Dr's have said that he is ahead of his corrected age by a month! So proud of him! :cloud9::cloud9:

Read this link I found on the BBC web site re cells and prem births

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6227555.stm

Archie had his 6 week check up today and the Dr's have said that he is ahead of his corrected age by a month! So proud of him! :cloud9::cloud9:

Yay, well done Archie :happydance:

My son was born at 34 weeks and spent the first 3 weeks in hospital

The last few months of my pregnancy had been hard, i'd been admitted to hospital 3 times in premature labour, luckily they had managed to stop it. But on may 15th he made an early arrival as the doctors chose not to stop labour again to prevent stress to him. He weighed in at 4lbs 5oz and measured 17.5 inches long and after a quick hold he was taken off to the Neo natal unit.

He is doing so well now! :D
6 weeks old and a little terror keeping mummy awake. His last check up he weighed 6lbs 7oz and that was on Monday, so he'll have gained a little more by now. He's doing really well. But he was a prem baby, so may I join? :)

Of course!
Congratulations on your beautiful, early arrival :)

So pleased for you Dona he's a little fighter doing his mummy proud! :happydance:
Hi calliebert :hi: congrats on your little boy course you can join us xx

Lets see who's has had the smallest baby....starting with Archie at 2lb 6oz

Aaliyah was 2lbs now 7 and cheeky madam!
Simran was 4lbs
Ellesse was 4lbs 3oz

Poppy was 5lb 1. So a heffer compared to some of yours!

wow she was a good weight imagine size she wouldve been at full-term!

Molly was 2lb 4oz, but is getting chubby now, 10lb 7oz at her last weigh in!

Brooke was also 2lb 4oz at 32 weeks-she is now 5 months old today :cloud9: and weighs 8lb 12oz!! chunky litle munky :rofl:

Just wanted to share some news with you, gonna put it in my journal too. Basically I want to help Mum's in the same position as we have been in. We can all remember how we felt when faced with an early baby and the journey that lay ahead of us. I felt that there was no support for Mum's like us and if it weren't for befriending other Mum's I would have had no one. I was approached by BLISS whilst Archie was in the hospital and asked if I would be keen to set up a support group in Edinburgh's royal infirmary (where Archie was). I was recommended to them as I kinda set up one anyway. It consists of 7 Mums and we regularly keep in touch. I arrange our meetings etc - ITS GOOD TO TALK! I of course said yes and can't wait to give some time back to the unit that kept my little boy alive. I asked BLISS if they could help me with publishing my journal. If you havn't read it its in the parenting section. Basically I updated it every day whilst Archie was in hospital. My aim is for my journal to be given to Mum's with early prems as soon as they have been admitted. I believe my journal gives Mum's a good in-site into what their journey might and could look like. I would like the journal in every neonatal unit in the UK. I have had so many inspirational comments from people on B&B about my journal which motivate me to get it out there!

What do you think? Would you have liked a support group that you could have joined for 2hrs per week whilst your little one was in the neonatal unit? It would be a collection of Mum's talking about their journey and their feeling. Also do you think that my journal could have helped you ?

Thanks ladies :hug::hug::hug:

What do you think? Would you have liked a support group that you could have joined for 2hrs per week whilst your little one was in the neonatal unit? It would be a collection of Mum's talking about their journey and their feeling. Also do you think that my journal could have helped you ?

Thanks ladies :hug::hug::hug:

Whilst Brooke was in SCBU i wanted to do nothing but sit by her side all day every day. If im honest I really wouldnt have wanted to leave her for 2 whole hours to talk about how im feeling when that time could have been spent with my daughter. (watching her sleep . . .wild!:dohh:) However, after she came out I would have loved to attend one. Parenting a preemie is soooooo diffrerent to a fullterm baby and I often even still struggle with some things as I dont know if what she is doing is 'right' iyswim?

The SCBU unit that Brooke was in holds get-together coffee mornings once a month which we attend. I love going as I dont feel so much of a freak show and I can actually relax as there are other people in the same situation.

Each to their own though, and I think its fab you're going to help other mummies going through the same. i agree there isnt a support network really for new mummies opf preemies and it'd be nice to meet mums who have been there. Your journal is FAB and I commend you for keeping it so together whilst your son made his journey through the hospital.

Well Done you and Good Luck! :hugs: xxx

I think this is a brill idea dona, how did you go about getting involded? i really want to do something where i could be a support to someone and offer advice if they needed it. I dont know if mentioned it before but i decided to train to be a nurse a long time ago and now want to take the neonatal route as know its such a rewarding job to do and ive been there so know i can offer advice so if i do some kind support work i would really enjoy that. xx

I think this is a brill idea dona, how did you go about getting involded? i really want to do something where i could be a support to someone and offer advice if they needed it. I dont know if mentioned it before but i decided to train to be a nurse a long time ago and now want to take the neonatal route as know its such a rewarding job to do and ive been there so know i can offer advice so if i do some kind support work i would really enjoy that. xx

Bliss got in touch with me via the hospital however, if you go onto the website and look for support workers you can get in touch with the local one in your area. I have three job specks if you want me to email them to you. xxx

That would be great thanks hun hows Archie doing? will pm you my email x

i have closed this as requested by OP as a new group has started
https://www.babyandbump.com/bnb-groups/214084-preemie-parent-group.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members