Prenatal Check up 11+4 Big Scare!

icegurl470

Reaction score
My 12 week scan was scheduled for next week, but my 12 week prenatal check up was today because my doc is going on vaca. One of the first things he did was look for the heartbeat with a doppler and he couldn't find it! He immediately sent me to the hospital for an u/s. Asked when my hubby got out work and I told him 3:30 and he said good so he can meet you there then. Obviously I was freaking out. Everything was all good though.

Baby was very active and the tech said baby may have been moving around too much for the doppler. He was able to do the NT study, so I wont have to have another u/s next week. Actually measuring a little ahead so nice big healthy baby. Heart-rate was 169. Very relieved to say the least. Scared me to death.

Aww that's so good to hear! Congrats!

Unfortunately most pregnant women dont get educated about dopplers and understanding to not get panicked if a hb isnt detected. And some drs dont make it any better when they dont explain it to their patients that just because they send you in for a scan because of no hb doesnt mean its bad. Babies are great hiders in the early stages since there is so much room. And because of that room they tend to move around a lot making it very heard to detect a hb. I found i can get the hb during the afternoon. If i use the doppler in the evening i dont hear the hb.

Same thing happened to me! But thankfully dr had an U/s machine in the room and did it right away and baby was just fine and moving around as well! Glad all is ok! It definitely is nerve racking!

I'm glad to hear baby is well, congratulations. X

This happened to me at one of my earlier appointments probably around 12 weeks as well. My doctor didn't panic and just said it is challenging to track down a heartbeat at that point in time, and told me not to worry. No ultrasound was given and here I am at 33 weeks and very much pregnant. Glad your doctor put your mind at ease though and that all is well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->