Prenatal Depression

rubycrystal

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a bit over 10 weeks pregnant now with my first child and I believe I may be experiencing prenatal depression. I've struggled with depression for years now and since becoming pregnant it just seems to have gotten worse. For about the whole first month that I was pregnant, my fiance and I didn't know yet. We were fighting constantly, maybe because of my hormones and because he was so unhappy with his job. When we found out I was pregnant, we were both so happy at first, as we had been trying for almost a year. Then, he became stressed about it, and it made me feel as though he didn't want our baby. We got in a fight about it, and he told me he thinks I should get an abortion. Afterwards, he told me that he doesn't want that, but I still can't get it out of my head that he doesn't want this child. Not to mention my parents won't speak to us now and aren't excited about that baby in the slightest. I feel like I'm the only one who wants it, and I don't have any friends I can talk to. Even though I've felt depressed with myself recently, and have also felt absolutely awful with constant all day morning sickness and frequent migraines, I thought everything was now going good with my fiance and I. Today, he started to be rude to me for no reason and when I confronted him about it he told me I've been distant and mean to him for a month straight and he feels our relationship has ran its course and we should get joint custody of the baby. I had no idea I was acting this way at all, I told him I've felt so down on myself and worthless and he told me that it was pathetic. I tried to ask him how he feels I've been distant or mean..maybe because I've felt so sick, haven't had the desire to have sex as often, or I'm often sleepy. He told me that he feels I don't desire him or love him anymore. I took some time to myself to think and read forums about prenatal depression, and I tried to discuss it with him but he doesn't want to talk to me at all right now. I don't know how I'm supposed to get help with this, I'm pretty much all on my own. I don't want to take medicine while I'm pregnant but I'm afraid my depression is going to affect the baby. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->