Prenatal vitamins.. which ones?!

brandonsgirl

Lucky mummy of 2 <3
Reaction score
Hey ladies

What prenatals do you take?
I'm 4 weeks 5 days currently & I'm finishing my packet of pregnacare conceive plus as still have about 5 days worth of those and then was thinking of getting pregnacare max. Has anyone used these?

Attachments

• IMG_9133.jpg
    IMG_9133.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9134.jpg
    IMG_9134.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 2
I took one pack of pregnacare max in one of my previous pregnancies and then decided it was all a con, they are extortionate and they know they can guilt women into buying them because if they don't they're "not doing the very best for their baby"...! My doctor told me pregnacare original is just fine. The max ones provide omega 3 I think (or 6?) and it's nothing you can't get from including a bit of extra fish/nuts in your diet.

Hey ladies

What prenatals do you take?
I'm 4 weeks 5 days currently & I'm finishing my packet of pregnacare conceive plus as still have about 5 days worth of those and then was thinking of getting pregnacare max. Has anyone used these?

I'm 4+3 and went over to the Pregnacare Originals when I found out I was pregnant. I used them twice before with my girls too. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. X

Whichever agree with you enough you can take every day that you can afford. The NHS no longer recommends a full pregnancy vitamin, just to take vitamin d all pregnancy and folic acid in first tri (and extra iron if needed). It's mostly because they're overpriced and there's no evidence they make any difference as long as you get the individual vitamins you do need. But I think do what works.

With my first, I took Solgar Prenatals, which are expensive because they're an American brand (but I use Solgar for other things and like them, was also vegetarian so wanted to make sure I was getting everything I needed). I tried pregnacare while ttc and they gave me horrible stomach pains, to the point they thought I had an ulcer and sent me for an endoscopy! I stopped them and the pains went away 4 days later.

With my 2nd pregnancy (ended in mc) I used the Solgar ones as well and even they didn't agree with me. The made me feel really bloated and constipated. So this time I'm just taking folic acid and vitamin d and taking floradix for iron and that works well for me. I bought the folic acid and vitamin d on 3 for 2 at Tesco and then got a whole case of floradix in the penny sale at Holland & Barrett, so works out to be significantly cheaper.

I think use what your body is happy with that you don't mind paying for. If pregnacare is agreeing with you so far, no reason to stop unless you don't want to pay the extra for it.

I take grades if life, they're made with all natural ingredients all real food based, so no synthetic vitamins. All others with synthetic vitamins would make me sick.

I´m taking Nature Made Multi + DHA. They don't make me sick or anything but, other than that, there's no specific reason why I chose them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->