Prenatal vitamins YUCK!

laila 44

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

So I'm trying to be a good sport and taking all the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy (eventually) as we are NTNP for this first month, and I heard that taking folic acid or prenatals are very important. My problem is that the vitamin "materna" makes me want to vomit! my stomach is constantly upset...so I switched to this tiny little pill that is ONLY folic acid and nothing else. The pharmacist said that if I cannot tolerate the complete prenatals, to at least take the required dose of folic acid which is what I'm doing. Can someone relate? how important is it really to be taking these when not pregnant? is it true that it increases fertility??
What are you ladies taking if anything? any ideas for sensitive stomachs?

Thanks,

Laila xx

Hiya.

I take a horse pill that is Pregnacare plus. It has an oil capsule with it so there're two yucky pills.

It's pretty important to have the correct levels in place for when you do drop but what I've been doing is only taking Pregnacare Post Ovulation and a Multivit when the :witch: has been around. I'm quite lucky tho in that I have an ovulation show which lets me know when to start the Pregnacare again.

Good Luck and keep taking the Pills :)

I am just taking a generic prenatal vitamin and it doesn't upset my stomach unless I take it without food. :shrug: I think that it is pretty important though, because even with my own health I notice a difference (my nails are healthier and I think that I need the iron because it keeps me from feeling faint).

I take Nature Made Multi-Vitamin Prenatal. Small pills, and they do not taste too bad.

I take Nature Made Multi-Vitamin Prenatal. Small pills, and they do not taste too bad.

That's the one I take too and I find that if I take it without eating it makes me feel sick, but it says right on the bottle "take with a meal" so that's my bad.

My nails are definitely stronger since taking it!!

Have you tried adifferent folic acid and vit remedy than materna? I don#t feel any difference when I take my folic acid daily to when i don't take it (i ve got 800 µg )

I take mine at night before bed after I have finished my main meal (when I remember) so I don't feel sick, it's not the size of the pill it's something in it that makes me feel sick so if I'm asleep when it is digested then I don't notice it!

x

When I was taking folic acid they made me feel real sick....Try taking them at night or a different brand maybe.....

I tried normal folic acid and they made me feel sick. Now I'm on Boots' Mum to be plus and they too make me feel sick. I take them just before I go to sleep now - so when I'm feeling queasy I'm asleep and don't notice lol

I have a huge problem with the prenatal vits making me sick I use the materna (generic) and I was advised to take them after dinner and before bed. It seems to work. I was told its the amount of iron that upsets most stomachs...but it works for me to take them at night after I have eaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->