Prenatal

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So I started taking prenatal vitamins and I have noticed that I have been getting more nauseated lately.

I take them around mid day with a big lunch and I don't feel sick then, I feel sick way later in the night, could it be the pills or is it just the pregnancy. I am in the very early stages.

I have read that some girls get nausea from the vitamins but most say that they got it right away. I get it like almost 12 hours later. I also have insomnia and cramping and a horrible taste in my mouth. Was wondering if this is just the pregnancy progressing or are these pills making it worse?

By the way the nausea is not persistent, just waves that come and go and I never vomit just horrible burps!

Doesn't sound like tablet related to me more just symptoms. Are you have a snack before bed, it might help ? i take mine in the morning and am fine all day. My dr has put me on a higher dose folic acid due to past family history. But lucky enough haven't had any sickness or feeling sick yet. Don't even feel pregnant :(

Sometimes I feel a little queasy after taking my supplements but it is about 10 minutes after and lasts for about 15. My guess is this is just a pregnancy symptom. My prenatals are also the gross health whole vitamin kind that taste and smell terrible and I need to take four daily! I think these make me feel sicker, I am going to switch to a regular commercial gel cap brand when these run out.

Hey Ladies

Thanks for the replies. I think you are right it is just the symptoms. I haven't touched them today and I woke up feeling just as sick. It would be about 18 hours since the last time I took one.

2ducks, My sickness comes way after, hours after! I am taking Major brand prenatal. I live in a tiny caribbean island and we don't have much options here, I am going to try to order some online without iron because they say thats what makes you sick but that takes about 1 week to get here so meanwhile i'll take these.

Jessrose, the nausea actually does subside when I eat, just I have to eat lightly, heavy meals also make me very uncomfortable.

Sounds like just regular ol' morning sickness to me. Try to eat in smaller portions, but more often throughout the day. In my first tri, I always had snacks in my bag - things like almonds, granola bars, and even a sleeve of saltines. I also had Tums in my bag too! But, you can also always try taking your prenatals at night just in case.

Definitely keep up with your prenatals, you need that extra folic acid in the first tri! Realistically you can take any multi vitamin that has %100 daily value of folic acid. In many ways the prenatal vitamin market can be a scam, my old OBGYN even said so. I bought my partner a bottle of Nature's Way multi vitamins and myself a bottle of Nature's Way Prenatal plus DHA. The vitamin content was almost identical, the only difference was the DHA but the prenatal vitamins were $9 more!

I stopped taking the pills for a day and a half to see if I could see a difference and nope! Felt the same, so it is not the pills, I started again today and its all fine.

I can handle the discomfort, anything for a healthy baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->