Prenatals vs folic and mukti vit snd minerals

ms sunshine

Reaction score
Whats everyone taking.? Im on cd1 and i want this to be it this cycle had cp 2 cycles ago. Was going to buy pregnacare used seven seas trying for a baby for one month but only has about 5 things in it compared to others. And so rubbish for the price. So i looked at what you get with a standard vitamin and mineral conoared to a prenatal and apart from the levels of folic acid there was more b12 and the other supplements un the multi vit. So my dilemma is do i buy the multi vit which has some folic and to take fokic in too of it? Or is prenatal the way to go? There is some minerals in the pregnacare which isnt in anything else so is that the best one? Whats your thoughts?

I bought it, not even looking at the ingredients and agree.....its like a multi and taking coq10, which I already do anyway. So I'm sticking to the good quality multi, coq10, EPO and royal jelly.

I take a prenatal vitamin with extra folate plus other supplements for egg health royal jelly, ubiquinol, coq10, PQQ. for a healthy uterus I take raspberry leaf capsules.

I take a basic prenatal vitamin (gummies) but it doesnt have iron in it so I also tak an iron pill that also has folic acid and B12

I take one a day prenatal. When I was pregnant with my son I took the gummies that didn't have iron and was worried about it but he is healthy as a horse so I figured this time around if I am taking a well rounded prenatal while I am still TTC everything should be perfectly fine.

I take a prenatal. I believe one of the reasons amounts vary between a prenatal and multi is that some levels of certain vitamins in the multi can be to much an dangerous.

yeah thats what ive been wondering that the amount in the prenatals is for a reason. i know you shouldnt take any vit a when ur pg

I stay away from vitamin A completely as my body tends to hold onto vits and minerals for a long time. I was taking b12 at high doses for about a month. I had stopped 1 month prior to a blood test and my vit b12 levels were off the chart, even though I had stopped a month earlier.

I am just sticking with a prenatal (pregnacare), royal jelly and coq10. I was taking vitex and dong quai but those did nothing for me, so stopped.

Got my prenatals on order snd thsnjs for mentioning coq10 not heard of that going to get that too

You can have Vitamin A in the source of Beta Carotene while you're pregnant just not the manufactured kind. If you look at a lot of prenatal some say Vitamin A (Beta Carotene) or something similar, that is the good kind. The manufactured kind is what causes birth defects.

I think I might switch to vitamin code raw prenatal, looks like the best one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->