Preparing for a Preemie- Anyone with NICU experience?

Great that you have made it further than you thought. I had my baby boy last week at 34+5. Totally unexpected, my waters just went and then a pretty speedy labour. Very surreal!

My boy went to the high dependency in the special care baby unit and needed CPAP, for 2 days. I had received the steroids, but probably not enough time for them to work, so he needed to support with breathing. He was also jaundiced so needed light therapy and very sleepy, so fed though an NG tube for a few days, but quickly into bottle and I have now managed to breast feed him several times.

He's coming home tomorrow at what would be 35+6, so his stay has been pretty short.

Weight is a significant factor and your girl sounds like a good weight which will help. Also I imagine you have had the steroids, so this will really help your girls breathing.

That is amazing he is so well and coming home so early! That is fantastic and breast feeding is wonderful. I was worried she would be to small but now thinking it will be ok. Congrats hun,

Yes steroid shots were done around 32 Weeks if I remember right and feeling confident she will do well when she has to come.

Our next growth scan is on Friday. Hoping she will be over five pounds.

That is amazing he is so well and coming home so early! That is fantastic and breast feeding is wonderful. I was worried she would be to small but now thinking it will be ok. Congrats hun,

Yes steroid shots were done around 32 Weeks if I remember right and feeling confident she will do well when she has to come.

Our next growth scan is on Friday. Hoping she will be over five pounds.

She'll be totally fine. The only thing is she may be sleepy so need some extra help with things such as feeding, but you could make it to 36 weeks, so maybe not! Good luck x

I had my son at 36+2 due to low fluid and he was fine other than slight jaundice. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->