Preparing Meat

RLK

Reaction score
Hi :) Just wondering how you prepare meat for a 6 month old baby? First child, so im a but clueless. Also, what foods do you give your 6 month olds, I need some ideas
TIA

Do you have one of those hand blenders? If so, use that to mash up fruits and vegetables. Add things like cooked rice and pasta as well. Start off with one new food, every few days. Meat should be throughly cooked and you can blend that as well. Just until your LO can actually keep most in their mouth without pushing it out with their tounge and can begin chewing. LO can have pretty much anything you have :)
My favorites when I started solids was apple with rice, sweet potato and pumkin. Just get creative. You'll soon figure out what is a favourite :) If you're giving LO some of your food, just make sure it's in small pieces and I know it sounds ick but chew it a little first. That's what I did when looking after friends babies (also a FTM here). Just remember to introduce foods slowly, so one new food every 3-4 days, that way you can see whether LO reacts to it or not xo

Just make sure it is fully cooked. If it needs to cool after set it aside for a few mins.

Depending on the type of meat you could give it in strips to chew on or blend.

I disagree with chewing it, all that is doing is introducing bacteria from your mouth to your babies.

Also to add. I'd introduce meat slowly so little tummy can get used to it.

I also never blend m eat on its own, it goes in with veg.

Yeah definitely don't pre chew food for him, that's unsanitary and totally unnecessary.

If you keep good oral hygiene, there's nothing unsanitary about it at all. Yes, you have bacteria in your mouth however your child needs to be exposed to bacteria to build their immune systems. Besides mothers have been doing to for generations and we're all still alive. Not everything has to be steralised and disinfected before your child goes near it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->