Preparing ourselves for the worst

Maykyra

Reaction score
For the past week I an having spotting with a very tiny cramping. It doesn't happen that often, once a day and the most is two (happened only twice). Have been to my doctor, done an U/s the third day of spotting. I' m supposed to be 7 weeks last Monday (28/4/2014) but during my U/S on 30/4/2014 the tech said I'm only 5 1/2 weeks because she only see is the sac. My doctor talked to me and said there are three scenarios, the best is it is a normal pregnancy but the two are not good because it is either I am having an early miscarriage or it is an ectopic pregnancy. She ordered quantitative hCG the same day and repeat after 48 hours. First day it is 3434 and the next is 4256. Since my primary is out yesterday (Friday) another doctor talked to me and explained what's going on (basically almost the same as what my primary told me) and said she'll order another blood draw on Monday to see how much my hCG will jump. From there we will talk about the next step. If I need another U/S then we will do so.

My DH and I are both getting stressed but still hoping something good will come out. I celebrated my birthday last Thursday just staying home and worrying. This is beyond our capability and the only thing we can do right now is pray. If it is meant to be ours we'll be happy then if not will accept it but this will be the worst blow in our 10 years of being married. We even don't know how are we going to explain it to our 8 y.o. DD.

Sorry for the long post.

It is so hard when young kids are involved but I honestly think they cope with things better than adults sometimes. I'll be praying for you.

I'll be hoping for the best for you guys!!! :hugs:

Please keep us posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"