Preparing your body for TTC - what are you doing?

Funny how they dont tell you these things isent it. My best friend dident know you could get a jab to help deliver the placenta or that babys have to be given vit k is breast feeding unill i told her at 35 weeks and she had her little girl at 36 weeks.

it is funny isn't it!! Well I will certainly know who to come to if I am unsure of anything - you're a right little expert aren't you! :D xx

it is funny isn't it!! Well I will certainly know who to come to if I am unsure of anything - you're a right little expert aren't you! :D xx

Only because iv had a year or waiting allready so iv been looking at everything i can for when the time happens. Im not expert but i know a thing or two, shame i havent experianced it tho lol

aaww - it's good tho Lozzy - at least when your time comes you'll be prepared :D xx

My LO is a carrier of cystic fibrosis, so OH and I need to get tested too. It means either one, or both of us are carriers.

If one of us is a carrier, then it's fine, we can have babies all we want. :) If we're both carriers, any baby we have has a 75% chance of being born with cystic fibrosis and those aren't odds I could live with so we'd have to look genetic therapy on our embryos, or just not have anymore children and look at adoption.

Have etherer of you got a family history of it? well im gessing no as you wouldent need to go for testing if you knew. Hopefully only one of you is a carrier? How did you find out that niamh is a carrier?

No family history as far as I know, but I don't know half of my family.

LO failed her newborn blood spot test as she had certain markers for CF, but later passed the further tests that showed she wasn't affected with the disease, but is a carrier.

Im wanting to lose weight and get fitter before September when we start TTC, and also maybe move house, but thats looking less likely by the day! x

Trying to lose 10 more pounds, taking folic acid and trying to get my cycle regulated.

I just said this in the slimming down thread but I want to lose 40 lbs by August. I'm also wanting to get off the depression/anxiety meds that I starting taking a few months after having my first. I have a dr's appt Friday to talk about weaning off them. And I'm going to start pre-natals now. Might as well have awesome strong nails early huh? :)

OH and I stopped taking birth control pills this month and I bought a fertile focus ovulation tester so I can figure out my cycles better and try for a girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->