Preparing

Laura20

Reaction score
I'm new here. I know some stuff about babies but I have no idea how to go about preparing my body for the pregnancy process.

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic. Unfortunately, it's not under control but I am about to change to the Basal Bolous regime (4 injections a day).

So what can I do in the long run to help my body prepare? We're thinking about trying around November/December time. I know this is a long way away but we really want this to be a healthy pregnancy

I take folic acid but has ur doc recommended anything due to u having diabetes?

I am taking a pre natal vitamin tablet

I would go to the doctors and ask them for some advice.

I am afraid I dont really know anything about diabetes.

Good luck with your journey.

:hug:

Try and get to a healithy weight range, take folic acid, make sure you eat healthy, exercise, don't smoke, don't drink excessively, and get your hubby to do the same. Don't know about the diabetes sorry hun. All the best with TTC. x

Welcome Laura! :hi:

I would say start taking a prenatal vitamin 2-3 months before you start TTC, as well as taking very good care of yourself - like the other girls said, no smoking or excessive drinking. If you normally drink a lot of caffeine, it's a good idea to gradually cut back on it (due to caffeine withdrawal). Exercise is great too! Unfortunately I don't know how to answer your questions regarding diabetes. I think the best person to speak with regarding this is your doctor. They will point you in the right direction.

Good luck! :hugs:

Just went yesterday to my ob, she told me if im planning to start ttc in the next year start taking prenatals, calcuim tablets, and to watch what i eat! I am going to be starting ttc in December, good luck to you!

hi there Laura and welcome to BnB! I'm sure you'll love it here :hugs:

I think you should just generally be sensible when TTC. Eat lots of fruit and veg, don't drink too much alcohol, don't smoke, don't do strenuous exercise that you're not used to, avoid excesses of everything.

People tend to focus on the well know "evils" in our diets, like caffeine. But I think you should just have as varied a diet as you can - I mean don't binge on anything. Sometimes we discover a new "health" food , grapefruit or whatever, and eat too much of it. I think just having a nice balance is probably much better!

Presumably your doc can tell you specifics about TTC with diabetes. I don't know anyone who's doing that, but hopefully someone on here will know someone! :hugs:

Good luck :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"