Presents??

Mumma E

Reaction score
What do you buy a mum who has had a baby at 26weeks?? When you had your preemie what was your favourite/most useful present that you recieved? I want to get something thats meaningful or useful x

Preemie clothes! My little girl wasn't even technically a preemie as she was born at 37 weeks exactly, but I didn't expect her to come early and didn't anticipate her being so small. I didn't have any clothes that fit her, and as a new mom it is super difficult to go out and pick these sorts of things up. My LO is 1 month old now and still in preemie clothes.

The other I needed were receiving blankets, as LO was small she always needed to be wrapped in at least two to stay warm.

The best thing I think would be to ask your friend, because when a baby is born that early it is likely there are things she needs that she didn't get around to picking up yet.

Lovely soft blanket for baby cuddles. The hospital ones were terrible. Muslins were really useful. And something for mum and dad too.

Blankets were important to us too, and a nice tool for mum to leave with baby for a bit and then take home with her to encourage her milk supply (smell of baby)

I agree with getting small clothes, are you in the UK? Tesco do early baby clothes which are a reasonable price. Also, nappies. I know most people stock up, we had loads but none small enough. There might be things your friend hadn't got round to buying yet.

One of the best things I received was from one of my girlfriends- she brought us take out lunch at the hospital a couple times, offed an gave rides too and from the NICU to see our babies (Hubby was already back at work and I would need a ride home a lot) and brought us a care package basket of things for us- a starbucks giftcard, a to-go coffee mug, easy snacks to take with us to the hospital, etc. Just her thoughtfullness and willingness to help us out during that hard time was amazing!

One of the things that really depressed me at times was getting mountains and mountains of 0-3 month clothes... felt like she'd never ever get to the point of being able to wear them! (She's only in them now and they're still slightly too big at 2 months!)

well in our culture we give money in a nice fanicey card to a new mommy

thats wat i got and it helped a lot specily for those preeim daipers

but i would have to say the second best gift i got was blankts they helped alot it was winnter and i swallder her alot

btw the swadller blankts at the hospital are great here in the us

Hi,

another suggestion is a 'Cuskiboo ' this is the only NICU incubator toy approved by the NHS, i had one for my baby while he was in the NICU and he loved it and still does, its a little comforter and great for mums too as mum can take away get there sent on them and back to baby and so on, which is great for baby development, i got mine from amazon was about £15.00 but i found a great and really thoughtful present.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->