Pressure and minor rant...

bumper

Reaction score
30 weeks now and for the past couple of days it feels like there is someone wedged between my hips waiting to come out... If baby is engaged, how long before labour? :wacko:

Also, what does thrush feel like? Mother never told me about it. :nope:

Now for a minor rant... I've been feeling like hell. I've been sleeping at night the usual amount (if not more) then I can sleep for another 3-6 hours during the day (doc suggested anaemia), I can't stop drinking, feel constantly dehydrated (doc suggested gestational diabetes) and keep feeling randomly sick and vomitting. Can't stop weeing either (every 15 minutes). Have a constant headache which I've had for three weeks now. When the LO moves I feel shooting pain through my left hip and right ribs. I'm in pain and I'm tired and I'm feeling so ratty and cheesed off. :growlmad:. So... Blood tests done, urine samples done, BP taken, scan done... guess what...? NOTHING WRONG. Not that I want something to be wrong, but it feels like when I go to the docs they may as well just look at me and say "yeh, you're pregnant, it's not nice is it... get over it.". I'm at the point now I'm wondering if it's even worth me bothering to go and get checked when I don't feel right, and I haven't felt 'right' in weeks now. I can just imagine going into labour and not calling the mw incase there is 'nothing wrong' :)growlmad:). When it happens I may just be tempted to go up to the bed, give birth and then gnaw through the umbilical cord myself. Either I am an over-reactive hypochondriac, or I don't get taken seriously. Anyone else feel like this?

It's really difficult some times to figure out what's normal and what's not when you're pregnant. There are so many aches and pains that you were never aware were related to pregnancy until you got pregnant, and so many pregnancy issues that have the same symptoms as other conditions.

I'm sure the doctors would prefer that you err on the side of caution rather than avoid seeing them out of fear they'll think you're a hypochondriac! No doubt there are plenty of pregnant women who see their doctors for far less than you have. :)

I have thrush - for the first time in my life, believe me you KNOW its thrush, feels like someones holding a blow torch under your bits lol!!

Im 33 week and feel an incredible amount of pressure its not nice :(

Thanks hun, I can't help but feel like right idiot though, I asked my doc about movement (if baby moves more than normal, need I be worried?) He told me to go to the hospital to be monitored if it happened again... I felt like a terrible mother because I hadn't used my loaf and gone at the time. Feel stupid if I do, feel stupid if I don't!

I really think you need to be speaking with your MW, given what the doc keeps telling you - you should be having routine bloods and urine dips done anyway by the MW (which will pick up any anaemia or GD), and needing to wee a lot or feeling tired in the third trimester is perfectly normal without any other conditions. There really isn't any such thing as "too much baby movement" so no need to be rushing to the hospital to have it checked out - although they would probably do so just to reassure you :) Some babies are simply more active than others.

All the other stuff you're going through is, unfortunately, just parts of pregnancy. Not that it helps to hear that, but (as you say) it's much better than there being a problem. Believe me, I've got SPD, had horrific rib flare until baby dropped, have currently got feet the size of seal puppies thanks to oedema, and am almost always in pain when the LO kicks or moves. I'm almost as nauseous now as I was for the first 4 months when I had hyperemesis.

The problem is that some symptoms can be either perfectly normal or a sign of something more serious, and you definitely shouldn't feel bad or stupid for wanting to get things checked out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->