Pressured into wanting a girl?

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am not pregnant yet ( I hope not), but wanted to see if anyone is going through the same thing that I am. I have 2 boys right now, and dh desperately wants a girl, although he says if we end up with another guy its not going to bother him too much and we can try one more BUT if we end up with a girl next, we will be stopping.

ALOT of people, particularly my family have been pressuring us into conceiving a girl next, its not like its within our control, but they keep saying "I hope your next is a girl." I would love a girl but have been used to raising boys besides my husband says we will be stopping at 3 if next is a girl.

I could totally picture myself having mixed emotions at the u/s if it is indeed a girl. I would be happy that we dont have to worry about having a house full of boys and we would gain another lady in the house but sad at the same time that I wont get that 4th child.

I know that life is not perfect and you cant always get what you want, but ideally I would love a family like Beckham's, 3 boys and the last being a girl, so that the 4th child would come into the picture. I know that this will cause a lot of chatter amongst my friends and family, and they will be like "you are destined to produce all boys" or something like that. I hope someone can relate to what I am talking about. Its just a weird feeling. Kinda like I want a girl but at the same time, I dont, just so I could have a 4th.

Is there no way you could persuade your husband for a 4th either way? X

What is it with family and their opinion on how many and what gender children you should have. So frustrating.
I have 3 boys, hubby wanted a girl with all of them, i wasn't bothered as i wanted boys and girls.
But was very upset when we found out DS3 was a boy because 3 was or limit and i thought id never have a daughter.
I love my 3 boys, as does hubby but i still long for a daughter, i have just found out we are pregnant again unexpectedly, hubby is not happy, does not want it but we will sort it out.
Im desperately clutching onto the hope that this baby is a girl. Because there is no way on this planet we are having any more.

If you do have a girl for your next baby, you could always suggest to hubby that it would be nice to try for a sister for your daughter? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->