Pretty nappy support group :) (Previously: Has anyone tried these nappies?)

Kawaiigirl- Ruby looks so cute in that cover I love it and am so glad it worked well, means I'm going to go mad buying a whole load now lol x

Ok the GLC has done 4 hours with no leaks or wicking. That's on 2 pre-washes for the gusseted insert. I like very much! Thank goodness I have another on the way. How nice too that the maker is Canadian.

PS check the Itti UK website for combined sales bargains today.

That's it, I'm sold! Unless baby bum boutique is likely to get any gcl covers in the next week or so then I'm ordering on etsy! xx

Looks great :)
Am stuck trying to choose the next lot of prints... I LOVE too many of them!! Any requests please let me know!

Ok I have a list of requests...

Grey Giraffes
Toot Toot
Damask
Blue Hippo

Pretty please!!!

Do you know when you are next getting them in as I see there's a postal strike in CA right now?! x

Am stuck trying to choose the next lot of prints... I LOVE too many of them!! Any requests please let me know!

Grey Giraffes
Toot Toot
Damask
Blue Hippo

Pretty please!!!

Do you know when you are next getting them in as I see there's a postal strike in CA right now?! x

I can get all those for you - order should be dispatched around 10th July - but that is depending on postal strikes out there...:growlmad:

If you definitely want these, will you email me so then I can sort out reserving them for you. :flower:

Do you have a link to fabric choices? It is sad how much I like looking at fabric. I just found some gorgeous corduroy print which I'm trying to convince my mother to make something out of.

I think the site is tonicliving.com (there is a link from Greencarbonliving.com) and you can choose any of the 45" cotton fabrics! Be warned, they are lovely!

Grey Giraffes
Toot Toot
Damask
Blue Hippo

Pretty please!!!

I can get all those for you - order should be dispatched around 10th July - but that is depending on postal strikes out there...:growlmad:

If you definitely want these, will you email me so then I can sort out reserving them for you. :flower:

I just got too excited looking at them all and have ordered two of these on etsy!! Wooops! So think I will just wait and see what you get in stock in july and order some more from you then. Look forward to seeing what you get! xx

The only thing I noticed today when using the GCL wrap was that the inner gusset part did get wet so I was reluctant to reuse it. Anyone else notice this? Still love it though!! :)

I've had wicking once or twice. I think the inserts need a heck of a lot more prewashing than they've had so far. Say 4-6 on her website and mine have only had maximum of 3 so far. I think I may also stick a LL lamb in when I need them to last.

Still liking the fit though.

Are you liking / not liking?

I'm not totally convinced on mine, had some really bad wicking... It was when I used it with the sling however, and lots of nappies tend to leak a little like that. But the insert was totally dry on the back half so nowhere near full...
I used it because usually a double gusseted nappy is good under pressure but not in this case!
I will try it out of the sling...

I love the fit though and it's lovely and trim.

I found the BSB boosters snap nicely underneath the GCL inserts which is great!

X x x

I've only used mine with flip inserts which are fab anyway, but I have had pretty bad wicking and I sort of feel like the extra gusset thing is too big and sticks out? The fit etc is fab but the wicking is off putting :-(

I had wicking today with a Flip insert after 3.5 hours and I'm wondering whether it was because the Flip one was too wide. I'm testing again tomorrow and boosting a GCL insert with a LL booster. I'm also still not sure whether I've nailed the rise adjustment.

Yeh I think the gusset things stick out too...

I'll try again tomorrow and update!

X x x

Tried again today with the GCL gusseted insert with a LL booster underneath. Had a bit of wicking again though not enough to get her shorts damp. The inserts were absolutely saturated though. It was on for around 4 hours though so perhaps that's fair enough.

I guess if I wanted to reuse the outers I'd need to change every 3 hours.

They make doublers too for the GCL if you need to boost absorbency.... I have some in stock (though not got round to putting them on the site, and thought I would wait now until the new ones come in). £2 each - email or pm me if anyone wants to give them a shot. I think they are designed to be fairly 'low' around the waist, that's how we get a good fit around the leg and stop the gussets sticking out too much.

Well, I got to page 19 before deciding I really shouldn't read on as you've already introduced me to 4-5 new websites and brands of nappy!

I should definitely belong to cloth bums Anonymous already and my baby isn't even born yet! I have 32 ish nappies (preloved or ebays) either here or on their way. I was originally sticking to one brand but have got wonderoos, ittis, bambooty, mini La la, smartipants, BGv4 and newborn, fuzzibunz, WN, Happy Heiny and eBay cheapies arriving soon! And now I have had my eyes opened to Bright Stars, Helmi (via Baby Bots Boutique) and many, many more beautiful pretty, soft and squishy things!

Think I need to start saving for shiny new, pretty nappies!!

so, own up- who's got the new itti prints??? I got carnivale, ayannah and ponder :blush:

Nuke you naughty girl!! I am poor so haven't bought any of them :(

Lotsakellz sorry about that!! I have a Helmi, I may actually sell it if you want to try it?
I don't love it. It works great, never ever leaked. However, the whole poppers inside thing really doesn't work, it leaves all the fabric at the front so the poppers at the top all bunch up. Also the insert is sewn down the middle, so when it's on it folds and gives a bit of a funny shape... Plus the fabrics seem faded already and I bought it new from someone on CNT.
I realise I haven't sold it well! I'm not bothered about selling it since it works well and we still use it, but, if you're set on spending on some and want to try one first, I can live without it!
Oh also I don't like the pocket at the back, it can stick out when it's all done up...

x x x

I've got Carnivale and Ayannah but won't see them till I'm back from holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->