Previous Section Dressing

xXBabyJadeXx

Reaction score
I always thought that my experience with my post op dressing was normal but a few people have told me otherwise and im wondering if this affected how long it took me to be able to stand straight/walk properly.

I had my daughter at 20 to 5 on sunday 16th oct 2011, on monday at 10am i was told to get up and have a shower, let the water run on the dressing and to take it off, whereas a few other people have told me their midwife took their dressing off on day 5.

Im from the UK, so uk mummies would be best.

Thanks

I'm not a UK mommy...I do know from experience that the sooner you're up and walking around, and the sooner air can get to your incision the better. Helps with the healing process.

My dressing was off the next day I think. Definitely by the time I left hospital 2 days after op

I had my son Sunday night (9.17pm) and took my dressing off the Tuesday morning

I'm in uk. I had my daughter at 09.07 am on the tuesday morning. I had a day of rest and was told to get up and shower the next morning (wed) but to keep dressing on. It was on the thursday (2 days post op) that i was being released so told to shower and remove dressing then. I wished i'd been able to keep dressing on til i got home. It made the wound feel very vulnerable after dressing was removed and car ride home was awful. Kept worrying that seat belt was going to cos excess pressure & wound would split. It didnt and it healed well x

My dressing was off in the next day or so. The part they kept in until we left were my staples ;)

Im a nurse in postpartum in Canada and st 24h post op we take the dressing off... Staples and sutures are 48-72 but sometimes post op day 5 for higher risk ppl... Dressing is fine to come off then, leaving it open to air to heal minimizes infection. Dressings just trap warm moisture, a breeding ground for bacteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->