Previously induced

MrsPow

Reaction score
Hi ladies
So with my last 2 pregnancies I was induced at 12 days overdue-no signs of natural labour whatsoever !

So do you think there is any chance it could happen naturally third time around?

I hope so cuz being induced sucks. I took castor oil and went into labor but was slow.

There is definitely a chance you could go into labor naturally. Your dates can be off and baby might just not be ready you also have 14 not 12 days until the standard guidelines for induction but you can safely go to 44 weeks with daily monitoring as many many women do.
I would start drinking raspberry leaf tea at 36 weeks I think the earliest is, do some acupuncture and acupressure. There is loads of natural and harmless things that can help to ripen your cervix and get you ready for labor. Evening primrose oil capsules inserted into your hooha right next to your cervix helps which you can start from 36 or 37 weeks I believe. I started all these things earlier with my last as I knew I was being induced at 37 weeks due to placenta issues and I really wanted to avoid it. I went into labor on my own and had a bloody show the day before my induction but due to 2 ambulance rides and a trip on a royal flying doctors plane to my hospital (we can’t both in our small mining town) my labor stopped as it was a hostile environment for me during labor so I ended up with an induction a week later.
I would take natural birth over induction any day!!! The contractions were so much more painful than spontaneous labor and because baby was being forced out he came out in a very wrong position and it was very painful. That was also my longest labor of all 3 of my labor’s. I am keeping everything crossed that I get my second homebirth this time and no placenta issues as I would hate another induction so I hope for you to Hun that you get to avoid another induction.

Thanks ladies! Really hoping it'll happen naturally this time, just not getting my hopes up! Good luck kirstiedenman I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Thanks hun unfortunately I don’t get my second homebirth due to the placenta issues last pregnancy they aren’t willing to take the risk :( but so far no placenta issues and hoping it stays that way!
Your getting closer now good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->