Prior C Section ladies - VBAC or Repeat Section this time??

tartlet

Reaction score
I've always thought I wanted a repeat section, but as due date approaches, I'm swaying to a VBAC! So confused! Please tell me what you are/have opted for and why! Thanks ladies :)

I'm opting for a vbac. The thought of another section fills me with dread. I hated the recovery, I hated that I never got a chance to try and birth/labour, I feel I missed out quite a bit on never getting that experience. The worst thing my consultant could say is that I need another section!! x

Vbac. I don't want to be recovering from a c section when I have a newborn and a toddler to care for. Plus it major surgery with all the risks that go with that. My last birth I got to 10cm but the forceps couldn't get him out. I want to experience pushing my baby out and getting immediate skin to skin. Plus would love to be discharged home the same day as I never leave my son overnight so the idea of a few nights in hospital would be crap. But mainly I figure if I don't try I will always wonder what if.

Im vbac, I had a c-section with my 3rd after an all nite labour, he turned back to back last minute and got stuck, they couldnt put epidural in so they attempted ventouse with only gas and air (not that i remember it) and it was unsuccessful and my sons heart rate was dipping so i had an emergency c-section under a general, my first child (son) my waters started going 3 1/2 weeks before due date so i was induced and he was delivered using a ventouse, my 2nd child (daughter) was the easiest birth, very straight forward with only gas and air and the shortest labour out of them all and this pregnancy is another girl, as u can tell i have problems giving birth to boys (i blame big heads from daddy!) so i am hoping this birth will be as easy if not easier than my other daughter, if anything doesnt go to plan then it may end in another section but i wanted to attempt a vbac as the thought of recovery with a newborn and 3 other children isnt ideal for me even tho i healed in 3 weeks last time, im hoping for a vbac and to be back to myself quite soon so we can get on with our little family life :flower:

Thanks for the responses! I have my next appt in a week and am planning on talking to my doc about it then. They told me in the beginning I could try, so we'll see if that still holds. I didn't have any labor with my first, she was a section at 40+4 due to HELLP syndrome.

I fully understand your feelings. After 2 previous sections I originally thought, another section, then more lately have been wishing for a vbac. Unfortunately Further complications has scuppered that plan and I am back on list on section.
Hope you get to go through with your desired plan. Good luck. x

I would like to try and experience labour but the thought of the pain terrifies me! Another section for me!

Toni 29+5

I'm hoping for a VBAC. I was induced with DD and didnt progress past the 3 cm I was when I got there (they said her chin was up :shrug:). For me, the induction was pure torture and the csection was even worse. I'm overweight and carry it in my belly so the recovery sucked. It took me about 4 weeks to get back to normal. The thought of another csection makes me shudder lol. So I'm kind of excited to hopefully experience real labor and have a better birth experience in general. Hoping for the best but prepared for the worst (another csection) :flower:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->