Private room on maternity ward

hahahahaha thatd be hilarious! yesh here they stay all the time until youve had baby then after they can visit from 12-7pm, with both my 2 though ive benn fine after so was only on there a little bit as i was on 6 hour discharge x

That is insane. I'm so use to the US and private rooms, I would be pissed having to share. I don't get how the moms get any rest? But then again, I guess they send you out as fast as possible, as here they try keeping you forever! I was forced to stay 4 nights, I had a normal delivery, smoothe, just slightly jaundice, but nothing crazy! I had the big room, with recliners, sofa bed, tv and private bathroom. It was still hell. Nurses woke me and baby every 2 hours to take blood, and blood pressure. It really pissed me off and I was so tired

Yeah I'm really hoping I have the baby easily and I'm able to go home the same day! Definately don't want to stay in, am going to really push to get out as soon as I can if we are all ok

I can't imagine Kate Middleton sharing a room at any point in the birthing process.....not sure why any woman should get any less privacy! :haha:

That is insane. I'm so use to the US and private rooms, I would be pissed having to share. I don't get how the moms get any rest? But then again, I guess they send you out as fast as possible, as here they try keeping you forever! I was forced to stay 4 nights, I had a normal delivery, smoothe, just slightly jaundice, but nothing crazy! I had the big room, with recliners, sofa bed, tv and private bathroom. It was still hell. Nurses woke me and baby every 2 hours to take blood, and blood pressure. It really pissed me off and I was so tired

It's because we don't have private insurance for them to charge every little thing to and make as much money off as possible. :winkwink: They (should) make sure mum and baby are safe and get us home to our own germs and free up that bed. :thumbup:

In the hospital I'll be at, there's a patient hotel, where if they want us to stay we can go there and our partners can stay there rather than being on a ward, I guess that's their version of a private room, it's about £25 a night. But I plan on going home as soon as we know everything's ok with baby :) I live literally a minute from there!

I never thought they'd kick the dad out of the delivery room, but afterwards, it's nice to have someone (the father) there just for some company. Even when I'm sleeping, I know when he's there... I don't know.. I guess it's just personal preference.

I'd survive one night without him I suppose hahaha. :haha:

mine hospital is allowed to stay whilstnim in labour regardless of time. but as soon as baby born and i move to the ward then he can only stay visiting times. so 10am till 8pm. they do have two private rooms which you can ask about on the day....i did but sadly they were full. hoping i will get a quick discharge this time.

Up here in Northumberland we have a centre where you can give birth it's not a hospital but a place full of midwives you can either give birth there and stay a few days in your own room or you can have your baby in hospital and move up there I think you can stay up to a week I really wanted to go there after giving birth as I'd have preferred my own private room but I'm far to shy to ask lol I should have made it my plan when discussing with my midwife. I don't suppose they do something like that where you live?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->