Probably a silly question but...

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
We all know that when the baby doesn't kick enough it is a cause for concern and I do have days where I feel that way. However, lately my baby has been incredibly active that I'm wondering if the baby can kick too much? I'm getting really sore from it and it feels like the skin on my belly is already stretched to the max. My DH joked that this baby is going to be grounded as soon as she comes out at this rate lol. Anyone else experiencing this?

My oldest two were very active as well. I've never heard of that as being a bad thing. Definitely got painful though.

I always hear that girls are more active in the womb so maybe it's true!?

I've heard that it can bruise your insides but that's about it. Movement is a good thing!! Enjoy it all while you can.. You'll miss it. ( well. At least thats what everyone keeps telling me. :haha: )

I've heard that it can bruise your insides but that's about it. Movement is a good thing!! Enjoy it all while you can.. You'll miss it. ( well. At least thats what everyone keeps telling me. :haha: )

I honestly thought my son was beating the hell out of me from the inside hehe! It actually really hurt toward the end, but yeah I did miss it a lot!

Im expecting a little girl and she is so active!
Even at my 24 weeks scan the lady as wow shes very riggly lol...
But if im lyinh down at night she pushes so hard on my belly and moves along its like my skin will pop! as well as the kicks and pucnhes in the cervix haha!

An increase in 'normal' movements can be as worrying as a decrease.

Personally, and I'm not medically trained but this doesn't sound like an abnormal increase or period of movements. Just sounds like ur baby getting more active as ur pregnancy progresses x

I used to wonder if my babies were having seizures in utero they moved so much! But every time my OB has reassured me it's normal and actually a good sign, and so far he has always been right :)

I find changing positions or walking for a bit usually settled this LO! It can be very tender sometimes :/

Good idea, maybe if it gets too sore then do something, a gentle walk or something that might rock them to sleep for a bit of relief!
I've had a day or two where baby was having a lot of downtime, so love feeling baby getting super active now. Not getting to the point where I'm willing bruised though.

It won't be so bad as you get bigger because they'll have less room to move xxx

Having less room to move doesn't and won't effect the strength of ur baby's movements x

Everything feels so crowded now. I'm so close to the third trimester and the movements feel stronger than ever instead of the opposite. I mean don't get me wrong... I love feeling baby move but it also feels like she's doing quite a bit of damage in there when she won't stop giving me full force blows lol.

Stronger than ever instead of the opposite? R u saying ud expect movements to be getting weaker by now?????

My LO's movements are less uncomfortable now at 31 weeks because she does more rolling and turning and less sucker punching lol
Also she is usually head down so I get fewer feet to the cervix and bladder, and more hiccups and pressure instead....so I don't think it's unreasonable to feel like they would less uncomfortable further along.

Less uncomfortable maybe, not less stronger. Movements will got stronger as baby gets stronger. They'll just change like u said to more rolls and nudges etc rather than sucker punches x

It must just be different for each woman. This is my fourth pregnancy and I do feel like the kicks aren't as strong because they can't put as much space between their foot and me, but to each their own :)

This baby of mine seems to never stop moving. She wakes up when I move rather than gets soothed to sleep also so I'm a little nervous of the newborn period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->