Probably miscarrying...

Thank you.
You can have a D&C if you bleed, but if the sac has already come out they might not. I'm not actually sure what they would recommend.

I'm glad you are starting to feel a bit better. I hope things sort themselves out quickly and I hope it's not too painful. I have heard it tends to be but I think it really depends on how far along you are, so fx it'll be minimal for you. I'd have some painkillers on hand just incase, there's no point in suffering anymore than you need to.

I'll check in on you in a couple of days. Xx

May I ask why the doctor said miscarriage? What were your symptoms other than low numbers?

He said that the numbers should have doubled 2-3 days after my first beta test and they had only gone up from. 438 to 470 after 3 days. Then 585 three days after that. And now they have dropped to a 482. He said it was too soon to even try looking for a sac.
Also, I had severe cramping. Then a bit of spotting started this week.
I did have some pregnancy symptoms at first. A little nausea, heightened sense of smell, fogginess.
When I was pregnant with my now 22 month old I had a 1400 beta test at week 5.
Plus, I had no cramping.

I don't know.
Why do you ask?

I ask because I don't know what's happening with me. I'm 43, after baby #6 ten years ago doc said I would never have another one. Don't even try. Well my husband and I haven't used bc ever. Had a d&c December 2. Haven't had a cycle since. I started having major labor type contractions and severe menstrual cramping a few weeks ago. Never bled. I grabbed a pg test just for the heck of it, it was positive, 2 more + through the week with severe pain. Went to see my ob and explained everything. This was Tuesday. Did blood work and scheduled scan for Wednesday. Wednesday hcg levels 300-500, didn't give exact #. Scan showed 5.5 weeks empty sac. I asked what to do next cause I want this miscarriage over can't take the pain anymore and doc wouldn't talk to me, sent nurse in to say what do you want us to do this is a viable pregnancy. Nothing about this seems viable and the pain is in full force today and I just don't know what's going on.
Oh and d&c wasn't pg related. .it was to clean out overgrown uterine lining

I am sorry they have you on wait. When is the next scan?
Sorry to say, but judging by what you are saying and the numbers, it doesn't seem viable. And you are a mother of six with so much experience in these things I think you should trust your instincts and not some shady Doctor who won't answer questions but sends a nurse in to do the talking. How rude is he?
But I don't know how these things work.
I wish I could help.
I wish I could send you my doctor to explain everything to you. All women deserve to have every detail explained when it comes to pregnancy, miscarriage or any health issue in general. What does it take? 5-10 minutes of their time to talk you through it all and answer questions, even if they think they aren't good questions.
It just bothers me that they (some doctors) treat people like numbers.

Maybe it is viable. At 5-6 weeks I guess you only see the sac.
I just think that if your instinct is telling you different then maybe they are wrong. Maybe they are following protocol being that there is a sac and that the numbers still show pregnancy.

Just wanted to let you know my ERPC went well. I recovered quickly and was home a few hours later. Not much bleeding and no pain so far. It's such a relief, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

I'm so sorry you are both still in this awful limbo. I can't shed any light on the numbers as I'm not sure they check them I'm the uk. As far as I'm aware no one has done mine so I can't help there.

43mother, surely they will give you a second scan? I went in at 10 weeks with an empty sac measuring 8w+2 and they said 'there's no real hope here but we have to do another scan in a week to be 100% sure.' There was no talk of how I could manage this mc. It felt so very cruel to make me wait given how far along I was but I do think it's a good idea. I remember her saying that before 8 weeks it's hard to be certain of anything so with you being 5ish weeks (sorry if I've got that wrong) surely it's too early to diagnose anything? I really hope you find some answers soon.

That's great Mrs unicorn.
I am glad you can finally move on. :thumbup:
I had on going pain last night on my right side... I might call my doctor on Monday and let him know. I couldn't sleep after LO woke me up at 3 crying. Plus heavy bleeding. I just found a friend who had been trying for number two for over 5 years is 5 weeks pregnant! I cried tears of joy for her. I know she wanted it so bad. I was surprised how I didn't feel bad for me at all.
43, I saw your new message through my email but it hasn't shown up here... I hope you get a clear answer soon. And I hope your pain subsides...
:hugs:

Hey.
Still heavily bleeding.
I am going to call my OBGYN tomorrow. It's been four days. The cramping is getting better but two nights ago I had severe cramping on my right side that kept me up and the next day at times I couldn't walk from the cramps. I never cramp like this during a period. Obviously this my miscarriage bleed.
I can't wait till it is over.
Goodnight.

Greekgirl I hope you're ok? I really feel for you. I hope your doc can help you in some way. It actually makes me angry that some women are just left waiting for it to happen. I don't know much about a natural mc but if the worst of the pain is over then hopefully it will start to subside? Let us know how you get on. Thinking of you. X

I've been having this pain on my right side for a few days now so I called my OBGYN and he said to take a pill called mitrotan three times a day, I assume it will help the tissue lining come away faster, because he mentioned it when I told him about the heavy bleeding and the cramping, and he sounded worried about the pain and asked me to call him again tomorrow and let him know how I am and if it persists he wants to do a scan. He said not to worry about it being ectopic. Chances are slim to non.

I don't know anything about ectopics, but I hope that is not the case for you. If the pain gets worse get yourself off to A&E, you don't want to risk anything. From what I've read the pain comes from your body trying to detach the tissue (just like a period), so hopefully the pills he gave you will help to reduce the pain if it speeds up that process. x

I'm so very sorry for your loss, take extra care of yourself during this time.

It's ectopic.
We saw a sac, one that my doc said was empty, in my right Fallopian tube.
My right fallopian was the good one.
He said it's going to go away on its own but I will probably have to get my tubes (both) removed being that the left one is a hydrosalpinx which would cost a lot of money and would kill all possibilities of even getting pregnant naturally.
Also said that if I don't get them removed I will be at high risk of having another ectopic pregnancy.

Ectopic, hence the pain on my right side.
Also, I have a little hematoma around my uterus- I actually didn't listen to much after the news of the ectopic. I was too shattered to care about the rest. So o don't know what he said about the rest. Something about a blood clot, who cares?
I think that if I didn't already have my son, I might have walked straight into the sea after leaving the doctors office.
Sounds dramatic but I remembered what it was like not being able to get pregnant and thinking I will never have a baby.
The surgery is too expensive and we are not going to have IVF again.
Also too expensive.
He said there is always a possibility of concieving naturally and it being inside the womb but it's a risk.
Idk

Sorry if I sound ego centric and dramatic.
And I certainly don't want to bring anyone down.
If you've had a miscarriage, not an ectopic pregnancy, you have great chances of getting pregnant within the next six months and it being a good pregnancy. Seriously.
If you've had an ectopic and had one tube removed but the other is still clean and functioning, you also have great chances of having a viable pregnancy later.
And the
N there is IVF in a natural cycle or with medication. For those who are covered by insurance or have the money, also great chances.
So don't lose hope.
:hugs: to all.
Goodnight

Oh Greek! I'm just shattered for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

You're not being dramatic at all. You're right. I'm sure all the could have beens and will not bes are running through your head right now.

My heart goes out to you <3

I'm so sorry. And you have every right to feel what you feel. Sending prayers!

Oh hunny I am so so sorry to hear that. And you are not being dramatic, it's perfectly understandable that you feel this way. Take care of yourself, and hold onto that little boy of yours :hugs:

Hi greek and unicorn, so sorry to hear of your losses. I had my d&c today after four weeks of slow increading numbers, two scans with a small fetus and slowing heartbeat. Tuesday an third scan confirmed stopped heartbeat scan and then today had the d&c. Needless to say I was feeling so sad and cried in preop before, after and just before in theatre whixh was embarrassing not to be able to grieve privately but I just couldn't stop the tears from coming even though i tried to keep it together. The passed soul was probably 8 weeks. Nothing about loosing a pregnancy hearing those dropping numbers, seeing blood, hearing the doctors talk softly and shake heads when all you want to hear is that everything looks good and yes it is viable. In any case greek, i have to have IVF and my first pregagncy resulted in my now 4 yo, and although this one was unlucky i hit the jackpot 4 years ago when we got my little one and everything from now is just a bonus. As for age, well I'm 37 and will try a couple more times as I don't feel age should stop you unless you feel it should. I hope that makes sense and you ladies are feeling better. So sorry again for your losses x.

Hey everyone.
Did my (hopefully) last beta test last Thursday and then numbers were at 230. I am going in for my follow up scan tomorrow to see if I am cleared up.
Thankfully the bleeding and the pain stopped last weekend. Well, the bleeding has been on and off...
FYI, I am 38 going to be 39 at the end of October and we are going to risk it and try naturally at some point soon. As soon as the doctor gives us the green light.
I am scared of course.
I don't feel 100% about the risk taking. I don't know how well I would deal with another ectopic. &#128577;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->