Probably nothing, but uncomfortable cramping

tddunn

Reaction score
So I am 5 wks 2 days today, and I have been having some period like cramping for a couple days now. nothing horrible, but uncomfortable. I had my progesterone and hcg checked monday with results of 12,495 hcg and 18 progesterone. My progesterone was lower than the doctor wanted it to be, and put me on oral progesterone 100mg once a day. I have had no bleeding, and my hcg has been great. The doctor doesnt seem worried and is even having me come in tomorrow AM for another blood test to see if she needs to up the progesterone to get it into the 20s. I am just so nervous and probably reading into things way too much.

A little cramping is perfectly normal, as long as it isn't accompanied by bleeding. I had my OB tell me that today. During AF, I always get cervical cramps and I have had this with my pregnancy, too. It's probably 50% of what I usually have with my periods. I am 5 weeks 5 days and just went to my doc after a BIG bleed and saw a healthy heart beat.

So, try not to stress about it too much. If it gets really PAINFUL and/or you are bleeding heavily, go see your doctor.

I don't know about progesterone, I didn't get my blood drawn today because it was a diagnostic visit. But I bet someone on here does. :)

I have had cramping since embryo transfer (IVF) I am now 5 weeks 2 days. Really worried about it but everywhere I read it says as long as there is no bleeding it is normal.

It's very normal, it's an early pregnancy symptom! Don't let it worry you, as Chelle said above, it's bleeding or continuous bad pain that has you doubled over that you need to worry about and even then there are a lot of positive stories :) Where you are in your pregnancy and before that is exactly when I had all of my cramping, sometimes quite painful but it didn't last long, then it slowly began to shift to the stretching feeling, I'm 10 weeks +5 now :D

It can be scary but think of it as a symptom. Love and hugs <3

I went and got another blood draw done today, and talked to the nurse about all my symptoms. They said that it was all very normal, and that since I haven't been bleeding everything sounds good. They also said my previous progesterone of 18 was normal, but just on the lower end of normal, and my doctor personally likes to see it at 20 so that is why they put me on progesterone. I told them I was happy with that. I have had 2 doses of progesterone so far, and I find out tomorrow morning if the supplement has helped or if they need to up it. Hopefully everything is ok, and this pregnancy will go on to be a good one. They believe I have nothing to worry about, but thats way easier said than done lol.

I too have had a good amount of cramping. Mine seems to happen mostly in the middle of the night. Wakes me up out of a sound sleep. Feels like terrible period cramping. Its like a wave of cramps that cause me to feel mildly nauseous and also feel like i might need to go #2. Though i know neither of those will happen so i just toss, turn, and rub my belly. Usually only lasts about 20 minutes or so (feels like FOREVER!), then goes away and i drift back to sleep. So bizarre that it happens mostly at night though. I wonder if it has to do with food....or not having eaten for a while? I know its common and totally normal. I just try to remind myself We are growing a human being inside our bodies, there is bound to be some uncomfortable moments. I like to call it "The Build-A-Baby Workshop" :thumbup:

I too have had a good amount of cramping. Mine seems to happen mostly in the middle of the night. Wakes me up out of a sound sleep. Feels like terrible period cramping. Its like a wave of cramps that cause me to feel mildly nauseous and also feel like i might need to go #2. Though i know neither of those will happen so i just toss, turn, and rub my belly. Usually only lasts about 20 minutes or so (feels like FOREVER!), then goes away and i drift back to sleep. So bizarre that it happens mostly at night though. I wonder if it has to do with food....or not having eaten for a while? I know its common and totally normal. I just try to remind myself We are growing a human being inside our bodies, there is bound to be some uncomfortable moments. I like to call it "The Build-A-Baby Workshop" :thumbup:

LOL I like that. Mine is mostly in the evening too! Lucky me though I haven't had any bathroom issues. I do get very nauseous though. I'm just glad the doc was proactive about my progesterone slowly declining. Hopefully the pills work!!!

I've also been having this in late afternoons and had put it down to trapped wind haha

Although spoke to my MW today and have now been booked in for an early scan tomorrow because of the cramps and earlier fluid in my pelvis. Don't want to scare anyone (I'm sure I will be fine) but always speak to your midwife about your individual circumstances as your medical history etc could be very different to other posters

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->