Probiotics during pregnancy?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
Does anyone currently take probiotics while pregnant? I just found out that I'm expecting and I'm taking probiotics for recurrent UTIs. I won't get into my doctor until 6-8 weeks so I was looking on here if anyone has asked their doctors about probiotic use and if I can continue taking them? Thanks in advance, ladies!

I take probiotics. I'm almost done with the bottle and haven't decided if I'm going to keep taking them or not. I had IVF so technically you are pregnant after the transfer even if in the end of the two weeks you end up not being pregnant and my clinic knew I was taking them and didn't say that I should stop. But, now that I am pregnant I haven't actually asked if it's ok so I guess I'm not that much help.

I've heard both that it's okay and that it's not... I keep forgetting to ask my doctor too :dohh:

I've heard some people say it's good to take probiotics during pregnancy. I'm interested to know too. I've got an appointment on Monday so I'll hopefully remember to ask then

I work at a vitamin store and it is ok to take probiotics! Some Prenatals already have them in them. I'd suggest taking a lower dosage though around 20 billion-ish. They will help aid in digestion through all those months where your body slows everything down and help prevent constipation. I know with dd 1 went for 5 days without going #2. Horrible when it finally did happen!

Edited to add: there are probiotics marketed towards pregnant women. Garden of Life is a good example. I will tell you though, they are no different from one that doesn't say prenatal on it

I just found out I'm pregnant and have to take a prebiotic bc of horrible ibs. I hope it's okay bc otherwise I'll be in horrible pain for 9 months.

I take probiotics! My RE was totally fine with them, but definitely worth asking your own doctor. :)

I also took probiotics on my pregnancy and believe me, it's one of the best thing to do. My child is healthy and I claim that probiotics did it's role very well. As of now, I am still taking probiotics supplement together with my kids and I want you guys to try it too as it has a lot of benefits in our body just be careful in choosing the best probiotic for you and consult to your doctor to make sure you'll take the right one that suits to your health condition.

I asked my doctor during my last pregnancy as I had just lost four in a row and was extremely nervous of anything that might have risk to it. They said it was an entirely positive thing to take them and would only help, not hurt. I took them my whole pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->