Problems while pregnant in retail job

baby082715

Reaction score
I recently told the store manager and assistant manager(who makes the schedules) that I was pregnant. That entails no longer doing floorsets until 2:00am in the morning as well as the usual not lifting heavy things or engaging in anything that requires balance, as stated by my doctor. When I broke the news, I told them that in two weeks (I told them the specific date) I was having a ob/gyn appointment. However, a couple of days ago I saw the schedule for the week when I'll be having my ob/gyn appointment, and I was astonished to find out that not only was I scheduled to do a floorset until 2:00am in the morning, but also the day of my appointment I was given an on-call mid-shift (which breaks my entire day).

I brought this to the attention of the assistant manager who, as stated before, makes the schedule. I told her AGAIN that floorsets are a no-go, I can definitely help them with prep and tables, but not the heavy lifting of mannequins, uppers, ladders, much less staying and driving at 2:00am, etc. As per my ob/gyn appointment, the ass. manager responded that they probably will not use my on-call. Keyword PROBABLY. After telling them two weeks in advance about my appointment, I get scheduled with an on-call mid-shift that could go either way. What is this person expecting? That I be waiting by the phone and see if they need me and come running to their mediocre-run store instead of checking on the well-being of my baby? Am I in the wrong here? Is there anything I am not seeing that might make my stance incorrect? Then again the store is run by kids. . .

Yeah I would be fuming!!! Is there any way you can trade a shift with someone? I would be so annoyed. What a terrible position they have put you in!

Ugh, retail is so unforgiving! You do what you need to do for you and your baby. Get a note from your Dr. and give it to them (if you haven't already). If they still don't comply, you have rights as a pregnant woman in the workplace. Look them up and bring it to their attention. They can't ignore your pregnancy status.

Good luck. I hope they listen to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->