progesterone and hysteroscopy

AnnaLaura

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you are all having a nice 11/11/11!

I'm not. I went back to the doctor today for my test results. I'm apparently completely stalled out, elevated E2 and nonexistent progesterone. (I haven't had my period since August, just a couple of false starts.)

The doctor started me on 2 weeks of 100mg progesterone a day and will schedule a hysteroscopy. :cry: To make it worse he said I wouldn't need any anesthetic. :cry: Is that true??? I blacked out right there in his office but managed to stay sitting up in my chair. Now he probably thinks I'm crazy. I'm not like that, really. I have a very strong stomach normally. I don't know why I had that reaction. I was so embarrassed.

I have been feeling incredibly fatigued the last few weeks. Will taking the progesterone help with this?

I honestly don't know.

But it sounds like a pretty crappy day.
Sorry :hugs:.

sending you :hugs:

hope you get some answers

from what I have heard a hysteroscopy can be done without a General anaesthetic; it's a bit like having a colposcopy or coil fitted (like a smear test (pap) with a bit more poking)

:flower:
x

i wouldnt just get a hysteroscopy i had that and a d and c to clear everything i was asleep so i wouldnt blame u if yr scared i would be too ask if theres another way good luck

sending you :hugs:

hope you get some answers

from what I have heard a hysteroscopy can be done without a General anaesthetic; it's a bit like having a colposcopy or coil fitted (like a smear test (pap) with a bit more poking)

:flower:
x

Thank you. I've never had anything more intrusive than a pap smear until now. So it's kind of new to me. Guess I'd better get used to this sort of thing.

i wouldnt just get a hysteroscopy i had that and a d and c to clear everything i was asleep so i wouldnt blame u if yr scared i would be too ask if theres another way good luck

This is just a look around, no d&c. Although I understood that if he found a polyp or something, he would remove it at the same time.

I have had two of those, both time had general anesthesia. I can't imagine not being put under.

I have had two of those, both time had general anesthesia. I can't imagine not being put under.

:cry: I'm going to have to insist on at least a sedative. I mean, wouldn't it make his job easier if I was more relaxed? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->