Progesterone and its role in ovulation & your luteal phase...

I am glad my crazy threads help somebody, Butterfly89...

And thanks again Taylor..

Does anyone know if taking the progestrone cream would STOP my period all together or delay it? Because I have a confession to make...

So on Sunday, I accidently took 80mg of Soy insoflavones.. Once I realized it, it was too late.. So I was paranoid that the estrogen in the soy would screw something up, so to combat it, I had some estrogen cream on hand. So I used about 1/2 a teaspoon 2 times yesterday, and then one today..

Now I am afriad that if I WAS able to conceive this month, that if I stop taking it, it will cause my period to come, and then I will lose my little seed. Also afraid that if I do keep taking it, my period wont come if there is no baby, then I will mess my cycle up.

I know that Lisa told me to keep taking it until AF is expected, take a test, and if its negative, then STOP taking it. But what if my body hasnt produced enough HCG on the day that AF is due to detect pregnancy, then I stop taking it but I actually was pregnant, and stopping it will cause a MC? Im so STUPID I never should have touched the stuff! I told my TTC buddy that next month I am NOT taking anything hormonal. Im just gonna stick to the vitamins and cough syrup..

I also have been taking a b6 for good measure.. Figured it wouldnt hurt anything. I have been taking that since last month.. Last month my cycle was 30 days instead of 27.. It could be because I took soy, and the b6 or it could be because a few times a year my cycle IS 30 days a few times a year.

Either way I am so confused and feel so stupid right now. I dont know whether to keep using the cream or not Im so scared!

What cycle day were you on when you took soy? I don't know if you meant progesterone cream, but if you use it before you ovulate, it will prevent you from ovulating which will delay your period. B6 increases your LP which is why your af was 3 days later than usual xx

I am glad my crazy threads help somebody, Butterfly89...

And thanks again Taylor..

Does anyone know if taking the progestrone cream would STOP my period all together or delay it? Because I have a confession to make...

So on Sunday, I accidently took 80mg of Soy insoflavones.. Once I realized it, it was too late.. So I was paranoid that the estrogen in the soy would screw something up, so to combat it, I had some estrogen cream on hand. So I used about 1/2 a teaspoon 2 times yesterday, and then one today..

Now I am afriad that if I WAS able to conceive this month, that if I stop taking it, it will cause my period to come, and then I will lose my little seed. Also afraid that if I do keep taking it, my period wont come if there is no baby, then I will mess my cycle up.

I know that Lisa told me to keep taking it until AF is expected, take a test, and if its negative, then STOP taking it. But what if my body hasnt produced enough HCG on the day that AF is due to detect pregnancy, then I stop taking it but I actually was pregnant, and stopping it will cause a MC? Im so STUPID I never should have touched the stuff! I told my TTC buddy that next month I am NOT taking anything hormonal. Im just gonna stick to the vitamins and cough syrup..

I also have been taking a b6 for good measure.. Figured it wouldnt hurt anything. I have been taking that since last month.. Last month my cycle was 30 days instead of 27.. It could be because I took soy, and the b6 or it could be because a few times a year my cycle IS 30 days a few times a year.

Either way I am so confused and feel so stupid right now. I dont know whether to keep using the cream or not Im so scared!

What cycle day were you on when you took soy? I don't know if you meant progesterone cream, but if you use it before you ovulate, it will prevent you from ovulating which will delay your period. B6 increases your LP which is why your af was 3 days later than usual xx

I took the soy cycle day 2-6. I did the same thing last month.

Last month I didnt really notice much, but this month I had stronger Ovulation pains than what I normally do. I noticed the pains & the EWCM on the 10th, which was cycle day 12...

But to be honest I usually do notice those pains around the time O is calculated by calander. Just not as strong as I did this month. ... And I do not notice them around any other time. I started paying close attention to these things about when I turned 23...

So you used progesterone cream right after taking soy? Oh boy :/ That may have messed up your cycle.. Never ever use progesterone before ov xx

So you used progesterone cream right after taking soy? Oh boy :/ That may have messed up your cycle.. Never ever use progesterone before ov xx

Oh now way.. I wouldnt do that because I have read that you are suppose to take it once you are sure you ovulated...

I used 1/2 a teaspon of the cream 2 times yesterday, and then 1/2 a teaspoon a day...

On Sunday, I accidently took the Soy... got it mixed up with my other vitamins... And since I read that Soy is like estrogen, I took the progestrone to combat the soy just in case it messed something up..

Sorry if I confused you...

When did you take progesterone after soy? Did you make sure that you took it after ov? Sorry I thought you meant you took progesterone right after soy to combat the effects. Taking progesterone after ov when you took soy that cycle wouldn't "reverse" it or "combat" it as has already done it's job xx

When did you take progesterone after soy? Did you make sure that you took it after ov? Sorry I thought you meant you took progesterone right after soy to combat the effects. Taking progesterone after ov when you took soy that cycle wouldn't "reverse" it or "combat" it as has already done it's job xx

LOL I am such an idiot LOL.

Yes I took the Soy on Sunday, which would have been cycle day 20 for me.. Then I realized that I took it and was like "Oh Crap!".. So I had the bright idea of just using the progesterone on Monday (cycle day 21) to combat it LOL. I also used 1/2 a teaspoon of it today.

Now I am afraid that if I stop taking it, I will have actually maybe gotten pregnant, and cause myself to have a MC..

I am afraid that if I DO keep taking it, its gonna make my period late, then mess up my cycle. ..

I wish I would have never touched it!

Lol! I'm thinking you should buy OPK's to detect ur LH surge then go nuts bedding for the next couple of days... The LH surge causes the egg to burst through the ovary wall within 24-36 hours and begin its journey down the fallopian tube for fertilization. The follicle from which the egg was released is called the corpus luteum, and it will release progesterone that helps thicken and prepare the uterine lining for implantation. The corpus luteum will produce progesterone for about 12-16 days (the luteal phase of your cycle.) If an egg is fertilized, the corpus luteum will continue to produce progesterone for a developing pregnancy until the placenta takes over. You can begin looking for pregnancy symptoms as early as a week after fertilization. If fertilization does not occur the egg dissolves after 24 hours.

I have low progesterone and cant get pregnant but id have to use opk to see when i ovulate because i have very irregular cycles when im not on clomid! Can you get this cream off the internet? or do i have to get it from docters? :shrug::shrug:

Thanks Alexi :) I may just give them a try next month! x0xbaybeeemz you can buy it over the counter here in the US, but I believe I read they cannot sell it over the counter in the UK, but you can order it online.

LOL I am such an idiot LOL.

Yes I took the Soy on Sunday, which would have been cycle day 20 for me.. Then I realized that I took it and was like "Oh Crap!".. So I had the bright idea of just using the progesterone on Monday (cycle day 21) to combat it LOL. I also used 1/2 a teaspoon of it today.

Now I am afraid that if I stop taking it, I will have actually maybe gotten pregnant, and cause myself to have a MC..

I am afraid that if I DO keep taking it, its gonna make my period late, then mess up my cycle. ..

I wish I would have never touched it!

Sorry I was confused! I think if you only used the cream for a day or two that it wouldn't hurt if you stopped using it as it's not enough time to really do anything like cause a mc or bring on AF. I'm not sure though.. Taking only one 40mg pill of Soy shouldn't hurt I don't think. If you do continue to use the cream, and it makes your AF late (which it probably will), it won't mess up future cycles so don't worry about that. When do you suspect you've ovulated? xx

Hi there, I'm sort of in the same boat as you. DH and I were not trying not protecting for about four months with no results, and I started getting concerned. So, I started using ovulation predictor kits in June. I discovered that I was ovulating extremely late in my cycle (like day 18 of a 22 day cycle --- terrible!). I began taking Vitex every day of my cycle except while bleeding. I had little hope, but the Vitex actually helped me ovulate earlier after just one month (now day 16). Last month, I started using natural progesterone cream after ovulation to cycle end, and my cycle lasted 24 days with ovulation on day 16 (still not ideal, but improving). I also happened to have my annual obgyn appointment last week, and she gave me prometrium (oral progesterone supplement) to take from ovulation to cycle end in order to increase my luteal phase long enough for implantation to occur.

I would suggest that, in addition to considering your physical symptoms of ovulation, you use a ovulation predictor kit or chart your temperatures to more accurately pinpoint your ovulation. The opk's have worked well for me, but lots of women here temperature chat. Either method will give you a better idea of your luteal phase length. If you do, in fact, have a short luteal phase, you can try over the counter remedies (i.e Vitex, progesterone cream, or vitamin B6) to help ovulation occur earlier/prolong the length of your luteal phase. Additionally, you can always speak to your obgyn and she may prescribe some supplements. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot Dae! I dont know why but for some reason I do feel like I have a short LP. I think I O'd ealier this cycle because I took soy. I have also for been taking a B6 for a couple months. Just added a B100 as I heard its good to take care of them. And I started using the cream. I figure those things cant really hurt, even if I do not have a short LP. But next cycle I do think I will start temping or using OPK's. Those actually may work better for me. Temping seems so stressful. I also plan to BD every other day up till AF comes. We like BD'ing anyways, I mean with both have a high sex drive LOL. So one of these days ill catch that egg. Thank you so much for the information you have provided!

Thanks a lot Dae! I dont know why but for some reason I do feel like I have a short LP. I think I O'd ealier this cycle because I took soy. I have also for been taking a B6 for a couple months. Just added a B100 as I heard its good to take care of them. And I started using the cream. I figure those things cant really hurt, even if I do not have a short LP. But next cycle I do think I will start temping or using OPK's. Those actually may work better for me. Temping seems so stressful. I also plan to BD every other day up till AF comes. We like BD'ing anyways, I mean with both have a high sex drive LOL. So one of these days ill catch that egg. Thank you so much for the information you have provided!

Temping is NOT stressful if you do it right hun. I think the women who say it is stressful either aren't doing it right.. or they aren't ovulating/seeing a thermal shift. The one time temping was stressful to me was my 2nd cycle, and I didn't ovulate until CD48! It will also help you figure out when to start using your cream! All you have to do is take your temperature at the same time every morning as soon as you wake up (before getting up or even speaking). That's it! You can put you temps into www.fertilityfriend.com and it pretty much does the work for you. You should be able to see a thermal shift the day after you've ovulated. It just gives you a better insight as to when/if you ovulate, how long your LP is, you'll know when AF shows & when to test, etc. I found for me, it's much more stressful not knowing, ykwim? How are things going btw? BFP yet?!? Hope you're doing well :hugs: xx

Temping is NOT stressful if you do it right hun. I think the women who say it is stressful either aren't doing it right.. or they aren't ovulating/seeing a thermal shift. The one time temping was stressful to me was my 2nd cycle, and I didn't ovulate until CD48! It will also help you figure out when to start using your cream! All you have to do is take your temperature at the same time every morning as soon as you wake up (before getting up or even speaking). That's it! You can put you temps into www.fertilityfriend.com and it pretty much does the work for you. You should be able to see a thermal shift the day after you've ovulated. It just gives you a better insight as to when/if you ovulate, how long your LP is, you'll know when AF shows & when to test, etc. I found for me, it's much more stressful not knowing, ykwim? How are things going btw? BFP yet?!? Hope you're doing well :hugs: xx

Yeah I see all those posts with women having trouble with the temping, and I just think to myself like WOW. Not even worth it LOL. I think I am going to try it the best I can this month. I mean the BBT thingy is only like $10... Ill have to see. But Im definately going to do the OPK's this cycle.

LOL no BFP.. I am not testing. I am going to wait and see if my AF shows up. I will be more sad to see a negative HPT than if I see AF.. I really just dont see the point in wasting the money. That would bother me too more than AF would. If she is more than a week late, then Ill test.. But I think I can feel her. :cry: Oh well... At least I can start again. I have a new appreciation for my body and my cycles. Lots of women have so much more problems like PCOS, Endo and a bunch of other stuff I have never even heard of before. So those things make it so hard for some women to have a baby. I just want to give them a big hug. So even though I may not get pregnant this month, I can be grateful that I dont have a ton of obstacles.... as of right now anyways. Who knows, I could have endo or something. But as of right now I dont, so thats a good thing. God bless those women!

Hope that doesnt offend anyone one btw. I dont mean it to be offensive at all.

How are you, taylor?

It's very easy if you understand what you're looking for & doing it correctly. If you do, then it's a breeze! If not, it can be quite stressful not knowing what's going on or if you ov is later than usual. I'd say give it a go, it's really not near as bad as some women make it out to be.

I know what you mean hun. Be grateful for what you have and try to be a positive as possible.. even though it can be quite hard at times. I know you'll get a bfp soon, I just know it :) I'm doing pretty good, just trying to get stuff done this weekend! I keep coming on BNB and procrastinating.. :haha: How about you?

Aw thanks! I really hope I do very soon! I had a dream the other night that I had 2 kids. I don't know what that means, my dreams are usually crazy...like about magic and stuff (LOL) or some type of nightmare ha! I have never dreamed about kids at all actually, let a lone kids that were mine, so I hope that its a sign! I hpe you have a baby soon too! How long have you been trying? I'm OK. Didn't do much this weekend. Slept a lot, which is normal for me. Spent the night at OH's last night & just got home. AF has not showed up yet today, but its still early. I want her to come so I can start this cycle over already if I'm not. I think I'm going to take soy again. I think I ovulate on my own, but it seemed to bring on a stronger ovulation, symtom wise. Guess ill see this month as I'm gonna use the OPK's & I think I'm gonna try the bbt too. This cycle I'm also going to add some grapefruit juice and perhaps some preseed. Do you know if pressed will be OK to use AFTER we BD? Because I heard its slippery, and OH takes an hour at least to cum already. I really can't see him liking it at all if its slippery & he can't feel anything. I may just use some soft cups and put the pressed in the soft cup. Would the preseed still be affective that way? Also, which days do you suggest I use the OPK's? I'm going to get digital ones & they are expensive so I don't want to wate them. I hear some women use them twice a day so they don't miss their LH surge. I really don't want to miss the surge and a good BD day because I'm going out of town on the 13th. That's another reason why I want AF to hurry up and come today, so that I O before the 13th as I should if my cycle is 27 days. I have no pregnancy symtoms at all, so I see no reason to test. I had cramps yesterday and a few days before. An occasional twinge in my ovaries. No cramps at all today, but I usually don't really have them while bleeding. Just kind of a raw feeling in my uterus if you know what I mean. Breasts are sore, but that's normal. Usually they stop hurting and. Go down in size right before AF. But I have been taking the B6 so I am thinking my cycle may be 30 days this month, which sucks as I will be away from OH on O, and possibly a few days before O since I leave on the 13th. Is is possible for the B6 to make the LP extremely long? Or just a few days? Still using the cream in case I am pregnant. Wondering if that is delaying AF too. But like I said, its still early..she could come before midnight perhaps...sigh...LOL

LOL about the dreams, hopefully it is a good sign! Honestly IMO, opks are more stressful than bbt because opks do not confirm ovulation, and if you keep getting negative after negative you start to wonder whats going on. Also if you have a short surge you may miss it. So if you chart bbt, you'll know what's going on!

You can use preseed after you BD, just insert it internally. It will still help. I suggest using the cheap opks (from www.early-pregnancy-tests.com) and then if you want use an digi when you get a positive on the OPK. Remember, just because you get a positive opk, does not always mean you're ovulating for sure. If you chart though, you'll know this. If you have a 27 day cycle, you could ovulate anywhere from CD10-CD20, depending on how long your LP is and if it's an exact 27 day cycle. B6+B12 will only make it longer by like 2 days. The cream could be what's keeping you from getting AF. When was the last time you tested? xx

LOL about the dreams, hopefully it is a good sign! Honestly IMO, opks are more stressful than bbt because opks do not confirm ovulation, and if you keep getting negative after negative you start to wonder whats going on. Also if you have a short surge you may miss it. So if you chart bbt, you'll know what's going on!

You can use preseed after you BD, just insert it internally. It will still help. I suggest using the cheap opks (from www.early-pregnancy-tests.com) and then if you want use an digi when you get a positive on the OPK. Remember, just because you get a positive opk, does not always mean you're ovulating for sure. If you chart though, you'll know this. If you have a 27 day cycle, you could ovulate anywhere from CD10-CD20, depending on how long your LP is and if it's an exact 27 day cycle. B6+B12 will only make it longer by like 2 days. The cream could be what's keeping you from getting AF. When was the last time you tested? xx

So youre saying maybe I should do both? I am going to baby dance anyways, so this way from what you are saying, if I get a short LH surge and miss it on the OPK, I will know whether or not I ovulated anyways from the BBT? Sounds good to me...

Can I just start temping the day my period ends, or am I suppose to do it the whole month? I really do not want to do it every day, and it would actually be easier for me to do it after I get my period because that is when I will go to OH's, and stay with him until I have to go.. He has a more normal shedule than me, and I tend to go to bed earlier when I am with him.. He could also wake me up for sure if I choose to ignore the alarm I set to remind me to take it LOL.

I know that not all cycles are the same.. but I believe this cycle I O'd between cycle day 12 and 16. I got the EWCM on Saturday the 10th, which was cycle day 12..I had strong O pains on both sides that day, and through the whole weekened. They stopped by mid week.. I generally feel the same way around the same time each month, so I think I normally ovulate around that time.. I will find out for sure this month tho with your help LOL. J/K you dont have to help me I think I get it... same time, every day after at least 3 hours of sleep.. sounds easy enough... I am excited to find out for sure.

I have not taken a test at all... actually I lied I did take a test that I had in the closet, but that was 7DPO about.. so would not have been accurate. Still it made me sad to see the BFN.. which is why I decided I AM NOT testing again until AF is late.. .I would be more sad to see a negitive HPT than to see her...

My AF is due today, so she could still show up, its only noon, and last month I got her at night... I dont feel like she is coming now so much as I did in the past few days, but I definitely do not think I am pregnant. .. I am going by my average cycle. I would say its 27 days 9 months out of the year. If I go past 30 days (which is my longest cycle), then I will take a test... LOL

I'd definitely do both. Reason being to make sure you actually ovulated, and see see when you do. Some women ovulate the day they get their pos opk, while others don't until 48 hours after their last pos opk! Some women have short LH surges and sometimes miss it, so BBT will let you know for sure. You can start when your period ends :) I'd do it everyday until you get your crosshairs, and then maybe every few days after that to make sure your temp is still high and wasn't just a fluke. Just make sure you take it as soon as you wake up (don't get up or even speak) at the same time each morning after a minimum of 3 hours.

I don't mind helping you with charting or opks, just PM me :)

I hope you don't have to start all that and get a bfp!! You have to let me know if and when you test:) Don't forget the cream will keep you from getting AF! Sending buckets and buckets of sticky baby dust your way xx

I will probably be PM'ing you for sure LOL. I'm new to all of this. The progesterone cream is another thing. I know that it can delay my period, but I'm afraid that if AM pregnant, and stop taking it that it will cause a miscarriage! Like what if I take a test and it says negative, but I actually AM pregnant? I have heard of women not getting a pos HPT untill as much as 2 weeks after AF is due. Sigh... I just can't win! Next month I am not going to use it at all unless my temperature stays up (which would imply a pregnancy right)? Anyways thank you so much for all your help & support. I wish you the best and hope YOU get pregnant soon! You really deserve it especially with 3 angels! That's so sad I truly am so sorry. You really deserve a baby after all you have endured, and I really am going to pray that it happens soon for you. I don't know if you believe in prayer, but I do and am definitely going to for you X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->