Progesterone and its role in ovulation & your luteal phase...

I will probably be PM'ing you for sure LOL. I'm new to all of this. The progesterone cream is another thing. I know that it can delay my period, but I'm afraid that if AM pregnant, and stop taking it that it will cause a miscarriage! Like what if I take a test and it says negative, but I actually AM pregnant? I have heard of women not getting a pos HPT untill as much as 2 weeks after AF is due. Sigh... I just can't win! Next month I am not going to use it at all unless my temperature stays up (which would imply a pregnancy right)? Anyways thank you so much for all your help & support. I wish you the best and hope YOU get pregnant soon! You really deserve it especially with 3 angels! That's so sad I truly am so sorry. You really deserve a baby after all you have endured, and I really am going to pray that it happens soon for you. I don't know if you believe in prayer, but I do and am definitely going to for you X

If you're worried go get a blood test asap. The main reason why it takes some women 2 weeks to get a bfp after their missed period is because they ovulated last than they thought. Generally you will get a bfp around the time you miss af if you ovulated regularly. Some women can't get bfps on hpts for awhile or never at all, but its very very rare. The progesterone cream isn't that strong at all, so I don't think it could cause a miscarriage.. I think it's usually the pills.. I could be wrong though.

I wouldn't use it your first month of temping so you know how long your LP is for sure. If your temp stays up for 18 days and there is a clear thermal shift, then most likely it means pregnancy. :)

Thank you so so so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to me. I'm coming up on angel #1s EDD.. Oct 31, halloween :( I won't ever be able to enjoy halloween again. I will keep you in my prayers as well, hopefully one day soon we will be bump buddies! :) Hope you're having a great day xx

I will probably be PM'ing you for sure LOL. I'm new to all of this. The progesterone cream is another thing. I know that it can delay my period, but I'm afraid that if AM pregnant, and stop taking it that it will cause a miscarriage! Like what if I take a test and it says negative, but I actually AM pregnant? I have heard of women not getting a pos HPT untill as much as 2 weeks after AF is due. Sigh... I just can't win! Next month I am not going to use it at all unless my temperature stays up (which would imply a pregnancy right)? Anyways thank you so much for all your help & support. I wish you the best and hope YOU get pregnant soon! You really deserve it especially with 3 angels! That's so sad I truly am so sorry. You really deserve a baby after all you have endured, and I really am going to pray that it happens soon for you. I don't know if you believe in prayer, but I do and am definitely going to for you X

If you're worried go get a blood test asap. The main reason why it takes some women 2 weeks to get a bfp after their missed period is because they ovulated last than they thought. Generally you will get a bfp around the time you miss af if you ovulated regularly. Some women can't get bfps on hpts for awhile or never at all, but its very very rare. The progesterone cream isn't that strong at all, so I don't think it could cause a miscarriage.. I think it's usually the pills.. I could be wrong though.

I wouldn't use it your first month of temping so you know how long your LP is for sure. If your temp stays up for 18 days and there is a clear thermal shift, then most likely it means pregnancy. :)

Thank you so so so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to me. I'm coming up on angel #1s EDD.. Oct 31, halloween :( I won't ever be able to enjoy halloween again. I will keep you in my prayers as well, hopefully one day soon we will be bump buddies! :) Hope you're having a great day xx

So AF did show up last night. Probably around 10:00pm.. I was upset, but I was expecting it, and at the same time I am happy that I am so consistent. Now I can try again in October, and I SHOULD be ovulating right before I have to go out of town away from OH.. He has been pissing me off lately LOL but he is a sweet heart about all this TTC stuff, so ill probably miss him a little bit when I am gone ha!

THANK you for the tip on not using the cream! I probably would have since it didnt disrupt my cycle.. I also discovered that the progesterone cream will not delay your cycle, unless you are taking 400-500mg a day. In most 2 ounce OTC jars of it, there is about 400-500mg in the whole jar, so the 1/2 teaspoon I was using wouldnt have stopped it. So your probably right about the pill thing because from what I have been reading 400-500mg is what is in those or the suppositories some women use.

Aw Im sorry about Halloween... Maybe you will get pregnant this next month too! Then you can have a new baby to dress like a little pumpkin around this time next year, then Halloween will be a better day for you! Thats super sad... :hugs:

So I guess Ill be going to get a BBT in the next few days, and OPK's... the digital ones.. Im gonna start eating some baby carrots today and up until I O to help with my CM... I dont have bad CM or anything, but of course will do whatever I can to make it perfect. So Im gonna do that, and drink some grapefruit juice to help my vagina become more sperm friendly LOL, BBT and OPK.. I want to use preseed too, but OH was like "no were going to do this all natural".. he is really strange about that, and I have noticed a lot of men are actually. Ill probably use it anyways AFTER we have sex.. he is so weird.

So AF did show up last night. Probably around 10:00pm.. I was upset, but I was expecting it, and at the same time I am happy that I am so consistent. Now I can try again in October, and I SHOULD be ovulating right before I have to go out of town away from OH.. He has been pissing me off lately LOL but he is a sweet heart about all this TTC stuff, so ill probably miss him a little bit when I am gone ha!

THANK you for the tip on not using the cream! I probably would have since it didnt disrupt my cycle.. I also discovered that the progesterone cream will not delay your cycle, unless you are taking 400-500mg a day. In most 2 ounce OTC jars of it, there is about 400-500mg in the whole jar, so the 1/2 teaspoon I was using wouldnt have stopped it. So your probably right about the pill thing because from what I have been reading 400-500mg is what is in those or the suppositories some women use.

Aw Im sorry about Halloween... Maybe you will get pregnant this next month too! Then you can have a new baby to dress like a little pumpkin around this time next year, then Halloween will be a better day for you! Thats super sad... :hugs:

So I guess Ill be going to get a BBT in the next few days, and OPK's... the digital ones.. Im gonna start eating some baby carrots today and up until I O to help with my CM... I dont have bad CM or anything, but of course will do whatever I can to make it perfect. So Im gonna do that, and drink some grapefruit juice to help my vagina become more sperm friendly LOL, BBT and OPK.. I want to use preseed too, but OH was like "no were going to do this all natural".. he is really strange about that, and I have noticed a lot of men are actually. Ill probably use it anyways AFTER we have sex.. he is so weird.

I'm sorry AF got you :( Maybe we'll both get BFPs this month! :thumbup:

Thank you for your kind words hun, that's a good way to look at it. Someone I know conceived the month her angel's EDD was.. so hopefully that's the case for me.

Sounds like a great plan you have there!! Never heard about the baby carrot thing, I'll have to give it a go! Using preseed after you BD will still help the sperm. I'd insert it about once or twice a day until you ovulate even if you don't BD.. it will help the sperm live longer! Be sneaky! :haha: Well I hope you're having a great day! Lots and lots of sticky baby dust!
:dust:

My doctor wants to check my progesterone level NEXT month.

My question is : will be fine to use a Progesterone Cream this month after ovulation?
The progesterone cream will affect the progesterone test for the next month?
:flower: for all

This has been a VERY informational thread for me; thank you so much for posting everyone :flower:

taylorxx your answer was for me, right?
thank you :flower:

Tupi, I would tell your doctor that you were using it. You should be fine..look on your bottle of cream and see if it tells you how much is in there...it should be between 400-500 mg in the whole jar..that shouldn't dramatically change your progesterone levels, but tell your doctor you have been using it for sure!

Your welcome CuddleBunny...glad my questions are usefel to people other than me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->