Progesterone causing pregnancy-like symptoms, but no pregnancy?

Tysia

Reaction score
Hello All,

I don't post here much, but I was wondering if someone could help me...
If you took prometrium starting 3dpo, did it give you pregnancy-like symptoms, without pregnancy? I am going crazy... it's 13dpo, so prometrium works by giving my a longer luteal phase (I had it usually about 11 days only), but my HPT is negative.... (temperature still up, after at dip on 10 dpo). How long can the luteal phase be on prometrium? last night was my last pill ...

Thanks in advance!

Hello All,

I don't post here much, but I was wondering if someone could help me...
If you took prometrium starting 3dpo, did it give you pregnancy-like symptoms, without pregnancy? I am going crazy... it's 13dpo, so prometrium works by giving my a longer luteal phase (I had it usually about 11 days only), but my HPT is negative.... (temperature still up, after at dip on 10 dpo). How long can the luteal phase be on prometrium? last night was my last pill ...

Thanks in advance!

Hi Tysia -

Yes, absolutely, the progesterone will mimic pregnancy symptoms - sore boobs, fatigue, etc. I am also on prometrium, 200 mg twice/day starting at 3dpo. The prometrium will delay the onset of AF pretty much as long as you keep taking it. My RE told me to do an HPT at 14dpo and stop the prometrium then if it's negative. For me, AF usually arrives about 36-48 hrs after the last pill.

Hope that helps! :flower:

Thank you so much, HappyAuntie! you're actually the second person who said exactly the same thing, and it makes so much sense (and of course, takes away the reminder of my stupid hope, oh well, at least i understand what's happening...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->