Progesterone cream??

C&J

Reaction score
Have been looking for possible things that may help me achieve a successful pregnancy, (im just going through my 2nd m/c and it seems i cant even get to 6 weeks) and have been looking at progesterone cream. Has anyone used this and not gone on to miscarry?? Is it worth giving a go anyway, from all what i have found online it wouldnt do me any harm.

Thanks
Claire

Hi, I am very interested in this too, I have had 2 mcs in the last year (3 all together) and because my son was born between my 1st and subsequent losses, I dont get to be tested! I have done the same as you and have actually bought some progesterone cream online to use if and when I EVER get another BFP, I personally cannot see if hurting in any way and fingers crossed it will help.
The only thing I am worrying about is what if I get pregnant, use the cream, and then when I am tested by docs for progestorone levels, because of the cream, my levels show higher than they actually are, and so the doctor will then not prescribe stronger, eg pesseries etc when I actually do need it?
I dont know if that made any sense at all...it sounded right in my head iykwim!

ps. I was also thinking of taking baby aspirin, any opinions on this?!x

I have exactly the same concerns, im going to book the doctors tomorrow to see whether they may offer me some tests although i doubt they will. If they dont i think im just going to go ahead with the cream.
As for the aspirin I bought some yesterday (75mg one in tesco) im going to take that too.

ps you made perfect sense lol

Maybe ask for cyclogest off the doctors....ive read a few stories about it helping people get past 12 weeks x x

Maybe ask for cyclogest off the doctors....ive read a few stories about it helping people get past 12 weeks x x

Do you think the doctor would give it with out tests? I wish we had the money to go to a private clinic.

Hi ladies, sorry to butt in but I was reading your thread and thought I'd tell you about me... I've had 2 m/c this year - march and April. Couldn't get any help from docs as I already have 2 children, started taking low dose aspirin after my mc in April and got my bfp in may...I'm 14 weeks today and am so sure it was the aspirin that helped. Hope this helps someone. Em xx

hiya

looks like i'm in the same boat as u guys- started my 2nd mc yesterday @ 5wks +1 , my first mc was approx the same- i too seem to have trouble getting to 6 wks:cry: week 5/6 seems like a make or break week to a lot of ppl and i was wondering if its because this is the week that the heart starts beating?:shrug:

I've spent the day moping around, researching and reading up on what i can take to help me out and so far the baby asprin which has already been mentioned here seems a good one. I also read up on red raspberry leaf and vitex/chasteberry/agnus castus.....?

I've ordered a bunch of it all of t'internet:wacko:

I haven't heard about progesterone cream though- where can i get this from??

So sorry for everyone's losses - its just not fair is it:nope:- my 17 yr old next door neighbour has just become a dad with a girl he split up with months ago:dohh::cry:

my doctors are awful! everytime I go there is a different one, because mine seems to spend the whole year on holiday! They dont want to take any ownership of me coz they know that they will probably never see me again!
I was referred to the gynacologist by my local epu after last mc in feb and she was less than helpful as well and refused to do any tests at all.

Yeah I know someone who had a few mc's around the same time, she started taking asprin and she thankfully brought her baby home.

You could always ask about the cyclogest hun, but asprin sounds good to me too xxx

Hey salb10, so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you.x

mine is called serenity, stick it in google and it comes up straight away! have no idea if it actually works, but hoping it will! Its about 20 pound for 60gm so its a bit expensive, but anyting for a healthy baby eh?!x

Thanks for your replies ladies, got a doctors appointment at 9 am this morning. Dont think he will do anything for me, not even sure he believed me when i went in last week to say i was pregnant again but spotting. He seemed to imply to me that it could be left over pg hormones from my 1st miscarriage yet blood tests after that m/c confirmed no pg hormone was left. At least if i go in today he can at least make a record of it in case god forbid i have any more m/c's.
Going to start the aspirin tomorrow i think.

salb10 sounds like we are in the same boat, this is the cream im going to get:

https://uk.store.progesterone.co.uk...rect)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=147430711

thanks doddy0402:flower: i daren't tell my DH how much i've spent on this whole ttc thing so far! :wacko: but your right, i keep thinking, if someone came to me and said i could buy a healthy BFP for X amount then i'd do it so its all justified.....somehow!....:wacko:

How'd your doc appt go C&J?

I rang my docs this morning to tell them i'd mc because after the perfermance and time wasting i had with last mc i didn't think they'd be bothered about seeing me but they actually sent me to emergency gyaenacology at the hospital straight away.
Had a preg test there which came back BFN as i expected and had some swabs done for infections but they said they won't do anymore till its my third mc coz they reckon its just bad luck.

Actually C&J i felt the same as you- i don't think they truly believed i ever had a BFP. The doc must have asked me about 10 times, "so, you have had a positive test then?" and "so, it was a home test you bought from a shop then?" - what the hell else would i have used??!??! I told them i actually took about 12 tests, of 4 different brands, some digital, some not. All said positive. its because when i went to docs on friday to tell them i had a BFP they said "good enough for us- we'll scan u at 12 weeks" and did knack all else - i knew i should have made them test my bood to confirm it. :growlmad:

at least they treat like a complete idiot like they did last time and ask me if i'd bought my tests from a pound shop because they're not always reliable...:growlmad:.

sorry that turned into a bit of a rant but its so frustrating when i know that i know more about this stuff then the people who are suppoed to be helping me. I even had to explain how a OPK worked to the doctor last time! The doc today was like, "well how can YOU know when you ovulated if your not on any special meds" - :dohh: I should tell them they need to get thereselves on BnB to update their knowledge base shouldn't i?!:winkwink:

:D I totally agree with all youve just said, i was so annoyed when i came out the doctors last week because i knew damn well i was pregnant and i knew my ovulation dates and everything.
Doctor was actually much nicer today and did believe i had had a m/c. He said he doesnt feel like there is a problem and that it may have just been bad luck because i am healthy with no medical problems and im not on any medication. He said to keep trying and theres no reason to wait is just a case of when i feel ready. He said if we were unlucky enough to have a 3rd then he would refer us to the recurrent miscarriage clinic so thats something i guess just hoping it doesnt come to that. He asked if we wanted counselling or anything because we have gone through a long journey just to be able to get pregnant (over 2 years of trying, and surgery for blocked tubes). I think we are coping pretty well considering though.

Dilema now is we really want to try again but we go on holiday in just under 4 weeks so it would mean if we fell again id be in those early stages again and i dont want to be worrying and stressing when we have been looking forward to our holiday for so long. Also god forbid i miscarried again i dont want it to happen on holiday. Arrrrrrrrrr its so hard i dont know what we will do lol I know its best to hold off but its hard to wait.

:thumbup: glad it all went well for u and that they were more understanding this time.
I'm glad that in the worst case scenario, if this does happen again, it will go further and i will be taken seriously and they will start looking at whats going wrong- so for me, i can't get started again soon enough!
Not sure what i would do in your situation with being away conflicting with your cycle, :shrug: i'd probably still try and assume if its meant to be it'll happen and if it goes wrong, you know u can get started on investigations asap but i can understand that you don't want it spoiling your hols :wacko: best to decide with your OH i reckon :shrug:

I just ordered my asprins on line and got sent a questionaire to fill in about who's prescribed them and what do i want them 4 etc. I told the truth and what i want them for and that i haven't been prescribed and they said they'll send me a box at a time (i asked for three!) so i must have said something right!

just for this cream now!:thumbup:

Where did you get your aspirins from? I just went in tesco's for mine and got them off the shelf. Its a shame that when we now fall pregnant we arent going to enjoy that initial feeling of what should be real happiness, we already felt cautious falling for a 2nd time and never got excited so 3 rd time round i think the main feeling is going to be dread unfortunately. Lets hope its 3rd time lucky for us both.

I ordered online but I wish i'd just gone to Asda!
I was saying the same thing to my DH- for me pregnancy just seems hideously scary and at the moment, unattainable. How comes so many ppl get to be like 'oops I'm pregnant' and then sail thru their 9 months?!
I really really hope its 3rd time lucky 4 us and send u lots of sticky baby dust!
Did u decide what to do about your holiday and trying?

Still undecided at the moment, it just keeps going round and round in my head. Ive worked out all kinds of possible dates and scenarios in my head, the one possibility i dont seem to be considering though is i may not even fall again if we try lol. Im just so convinced that it our time right now that i assume its going to happen if we try which is an odd feeling after trying for so long and nothing happening. I think probably me and o/h will not be able to resist trying, then ill just have to test early with a FR because if i dont fall i need to take some tablets to delay my period.

lol well if it was me i know i'd be trying again asap- u never know, you may get your BFP, AND it will stick! so you will be able to chill out and have a lovely holiday, knowing that you're little bean's busy growing! We've gotta think positive eh?

Morning, well i think we have pretty much decided now to go for it :D Ordered my progesterone cream today and some ovulation tests. Theres no guarantee i'll fall pregnant again straight away any way and i dont think we can resisit trying lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->