Progesterone cream??

Ladies, i had 2 miscarriages in 2009 and when i fell pregnant last month (6 july) i was determined to try progesterone cream. Paid £17 for a pot and used it for the first few weeks after my BFP. I never got beyond 6.5 weeks before and now im 9 weeks so i dont know if it is a coincidence or not. On my 1st bloodwork my progesterone was 44 which was high for just 4.5 weeks pregnant. I use it very lightly and alternate where i use it. I use a finger tip amount
May be worth a go x

hmmm i have ordered agnus castus to use this cycle- does anyone know if its worth using the progesterone cream as well as agnus castus because i think the AC affects your progesterone as well doesn't it?:wacko:

Thanks for that surreysharon, when did you start using the progesterone cream?? I was thinking i should probably start using it after ovulation???

salb10 I dont know much about AC so cant really help. Just had a quick look online which does seem to say it increases progesterone so maybe worth just doing one or the other and not both??

yeah think i've come to the same conclusion- i'm already trying three new things this cycle so i'll leave it at that for now :thumbup:

Hi - Sorry to butt in but can you tell me when do you start using cream and when do you stop, also where do you apply it and how often.

I have had 2 mcs this year, I was 37 on Monday, we have decided to try one last time, we are lucky in that I get my BFP quickly, but cant get it to stick. This will be the last time though as the mcs are so stressful.

So I plan to start taking aspirin and increased folic acid now, and then try in 3 months when I know they are fully in my system but would like to try the cream too.

Thanks

Im going to start the cream after Ive ovulated, and then stop when my period shows and then repeat again after ovulation if we arent successful . As for wear to apply it I found this :

Natural progesterone cream is most readily absorbed through thin skin. It penetrates into the fatty layer and is then transferred to the bloodstream. You can apply progesterone cream onto the neck, inner arms and legs, abdomen, breasts, chest and hands even feet until it is well absorbed. It is recommended to use different sites to avoid any skin irritation from prolonged exposure. Applying the cream with bare hands naturally means that your hands are going to absorb it through the skin so consider using a different part of your body to apply it, such as forearm to abdomen or inner thigh to inner thigh. Try to avoid applying progesterone skin to the face in case of reactions due to the sensitivity there.

This is the one i got :

https://uk.store.progesterone.co.uk...=progesterone cream&__utmv=-&__utmk=250884102

Its a little pricey but its a 3 month supply. Pretty good on delivery too, i got mine today 2 days after ordering it.

Sorry for butting in I'm thinking of taking baby asprin and wonderd if u have to gave it prescribed or can u get it from shops? How often should u take it? I'm getting some progestrone cream as I seem to be low progestrone

Hood luck ladies hope u get ur bfps very soon xx

xshell79 - I got my aspirin from tescos off the shelf. Just make sure you pick up the low dose one, it says 75mg on the box.

I have had the same problem with my last two pregnancys i seem to get to the dating scan they find nothing and the next day i start to mc.... once fair enough but twice in a row exactly the same thing??? Makes me wonder if there is something wrong? Like progesterone or something? Is it worth talking to my epu mw? Or doctor? Its so confusing....

Sorry I cant offer any advice on the progesterone cream as I use the pessaries from ovulation until AF or BFP, these were prescribed by my consultant.

Maybe you should get your progesterone levels tested at your doctors? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->