progesterone implant and lactating - am I pregnant again?!?

mummy2be77

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a contraceptive implant?
I've had mine in 5 months now, had a few ups and downs with bleeding, mood swings etc. Only tonight I've now started producing milk! Its been 9 months since I stopped breastfeeding my LO, she wasnt planned and the first thing I knee about her was that I started producing milk (I was 17 weeks by then) I'm definitely not putting on weight, the opposite in fact, I weigh 52kg, size 10.
I'll call the family planning nurse tomorrow and buy a test, but until then can anyone put my mind at ease and help me get some sleep tonight? I really don't want a third child under three!

I nearly posted this last week but only didn't as I know the implant has made me a bit crazy and pregnancy paranoid before. Anyway, as it turned out it was yet another case of crazy implant hormones and I'm not pregnant. I'm sure it's the same for you; the implant does this all the time! If it's not one weird symptom it's another. Luckily though it's very unlikely you're pregnant as it's brilliantly reliable as a contraception if nothing else!

I never breastfed my daughter, had the implant fitted when she was 6 weeks old and after having it in about 4 months this started happening to me, I didn't really think anything of it just thought it was part and parcel of having a baby.

Had my implant removed after the 3 years and although it still happens occasionally it's definitely not as much as it was when the implant was in.

Oh god, I had the implant back in 2001........made me violent, emotional ,hormonal, ITCHY - I was literally tearing my skin off and bleeding constantly for 4 months.........was awful!

Thank you all! My other side effects aren't too bad, this one just took me by surprise, particularly as that's how I found out I was pregnant last time!

Glad you got the result you wanted :)
I've never even had the implant and I've lactated randomly :lol:

I starting leaking again after my gallbladder surgery. Apparently some meds can cause lactation. I thought I may be pregnant but tests came back negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->