progesterone, implantation, and HPT Advice

AVbaby

Mother of 1
Reaction score
OK here is the short version.
I have low progesterone but have a 12-14 day LP, doctor isn't to worried. I was on progesterone pills from the moment i found out i was pregnant with DS (so 10dpo).

Now here is my issue now. I have taken HPTs and so far they all have some time of line. Here is the break down
12dpo: FMU New Choice HPT - looked neg, 6 hours later dark positive. Didn't think it positive due to it being past time
12dpo: PM New Choice HPT - very faint but noticeable positive at 3min, its really dark now that it has dried.
13dpo: FMU FRER - looked neg, but maybe a line hard to see with the damn curvy ones.
13dpo: SMU FRER - very faint positive with some pink within time frame but i can only see it if i tilt the test (stupid curvy thing)

All i have left is digital HPT, which i know would be negative at this point.

So my issues are these:
1. does having low progesterone cause implantation to happen later then the average and longer time for it to "fully" implant or can it cause HCG levels to be low?

2. Are these test really positive or am I seeing things? Can a positive on a new choice and a lighter one on FRER be right? I now from DS that FRER was the best but that was back when they were 25ml and now they are WAY different and people everywhere hates them.

and last

3. When should i see these tests get darker for me to call it a "confirmed" positive and not a guessing game?

Can you post your tests?.
Low progesterone does not cause late implantation, however it can make implantation difficult if your uterine lining is too thin, low progesterone can also make the lining start to break down before implantation can take place, and I have also seen slow to rise HCG levels with low progesterone that rose to normal levels once on progesterone so my advice is to get progesterone checked to see if its low and if so get on supplement as soon as possible.

Im clueless with this but concerned i may have low progesterone and have a dic appt next week where im going to try and get it checked. I had an early loss at 5w last september and another this week between 5&6weeks. both were devastating but now im worried its more than just chance. Another poster mentioned it could be progesterone over on another thread and its in my mind aswell. Basically i got a positive on a blue dye at 16dpo (late-i was testing daily using mostly frer all week before bfp) so im thinking slow hcg/late implant from the start, pis frer on 17dpo, pos cb digi 18,19,20,21,22dpo (all said 1-2 weeks). My frer wasnt progressing and this morn i got negative cb digi and started bleeding a few hrs after. I was worried all weekend as this is exactly what happened last time. As far as i can see i conceive easily enough but the hcg just doesnt rise fast enough. Also when i had ds1 i had very low hcg at the beginning but it all worked out so it really can go eitherway. A positive is a positive especially when there's been a few and on reputable brands. Try a cbdigi for confirmation- as far as i know the one with wks indicator is 25miu and the other cb digi is 50miu. i had loads of pis digis this wk even with a fairly light frer line, i would use fmu though. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->