Progesterone level 8.4

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
I just had a blood draw on day 7 after ovulation, and my progesterone came back as 8.4. I'm still waiting for my doctor to call with her take on it (I also get my results online, so I saw them first thing this morning). I think low progesterone may have contributed to or caused my miscarriage a few weeks ago, so I'm anxious to get a prescription for supplements in case I do get pregnant again, so I can just start taking them from the first positive test. Anyone know if 8.4 is low or high? The complicating issue, too, I just found out, is that the tincture my acupuncturist has me taking - the same one that enabled me to get pregnant with this last pregnancy after 9 months of trying - encourages progesterone production in the body, which I didn't realize before I had the blood drawn. I'm worried it's going to be a falsely high number. :wacko:

Hiya hun,

I'm in the UK so they make take readings differently here so don't quote me on it but I had CD21 bloods taken a couple of months ago and my progesterone was 95 so I would say that 8.4 was low, if they're taken the same as the USA.

Low progesterone can contribute to miscarriage as high progesterone levels are needed for a successful pregnancy x

I just had my first draw today they said anything above 15 is what they are looking for on a medicated cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->