Progesterone Levels and Supplements?

Allie84

Mum and Pregnant
Reaction score
What were/are yours?

I had mine tested Thusday, when I think I was 18dpo but day dates aren't set in stone, and they told me today they were only 12. So I got put on 100 mg oral progesterone.

I was wondering if anyone else had theirs tested and what they were? Also, if you are on supplements is anyone on oral supplements? It seems silly to be on such a small oral dose....with my DS I was on 3 times as much and vaginal suppositories. I think this doc doesn't think it matters much; that's the impression I'm getting.

Anything else I can do for progesterone? I'm starting to worry this pregnancy won't be viable.

Is there any way you could request your doctor give you vaginal suppositories and up your dose? Possibly explain to him what dose you were on with your previous pregnancy etc?
Or even go to another doctor if you feel that strongly about upping your dose?
I'm sorry your doctor isn't taking you more seriously, I know how stressful that can be.

With my previous pregnancy I was taking 200mg and then 300mg orally, and my levels decreased, baby didn't stick. So ask for vaginal, or at least shots? I'm so sorry you came across that kind of a doctor, been there. Good luck!

Thank you. I'm seeing a new doctor today so see what he says.

There is so much conflicting info about progesterone helping or not!!

I was on oral progesterone with my last 3 pregnancies. And yes, lots of conflicting info. My OB, even though he prescribed it, believed that low progesterone usually indicated a problem with the embryo. I think he prescribed it just in case he was wrong! With my last (and first successful pregnancy) it was 25 at 4w6d and he put me on 200mg 2 times a day orally. Good luck. I would definitely want to work with a doctor who took my concerns seriously.

What were your levels Scout and and what happened with those pregnancies?

My levels went down to 9 yesterday. Saw a new doctor and he drew them AGAIN as yesterday I had them taken after a meal.

He also upped my dose to 200 mg. I guess we'll see what happens.

My first prog test was 1.6 and my doctor put me on 200 mg oral progesterone. My second test a week later was 20.6. The pregnancy has gone on to be successful.

That's great, Krissie! I guess all I can do it wait but I am not good at waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->