Progesterone levels?

keepfaith17

Reaction score
I went yesterday for CD22 blood work to check my thyroid and progesterone levels. The nurse called me this afternoon as said thyroid is great but progesterone is "ify" she didn't get me a level # or anything. and just said the DR wants to check next month and the call ended.

from temping and CM i ovulated around CD11 which would be the same as last month. I tried to tell the nurse and Dr that but he still insisted on doing blood work on CD22.

can any one that has had this blood work done explain what i should see # wise? should i count myself for this month since its "ify" and not a confirmed ovulation?

Nurse called back and my level was 7.2, she stated they like to be above 10 so its not a extremely low level but dpo would effect the results.

so... since blood was done CD22 which was 11DPO and my level is under 10 should i count myself out this month or has anyone else had a lower end and end up getting BFP?

I’m somewhat new to this area of fertility as my dr put me on progesterone pills since I’ve had an IUI.

It could mean that you’re not pregnant or it could mean nothing. Everything that I’ve read about it states that progesterone levels are not a good indicator of pregnancy.

If you do get pregnant this cycle, your doctor should check those levels again (you can ask for it if they don’t suggest it) because it helps a growing fetus. If I confirm pregnancy from my IUI, I’ll have to continue on the progesterone pills until week 10. If no pregnancy is confirmed then I’ll stop around the end of my luteal phase.

Hope that helps! I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->