Progesterone Levels

mrsmab

TTC No 1 since Jan 2008
Reaction score
I finally went to the Drs after plucking up the courage and she did all routine bloods on me and tested all my homones aswell.
Does anyone know what progesterone levels should be?
Mine came back at 41 but thats all they would tell me over the phone. Cant get an appt with Dr till a week on Friday!! GGGRRR
Thanks girls
xxxx

41 is good! It means you did O'! Now on with the dreaded 2ww! Good luck this cycle!! Hope you get your BFP! :hugs:

I think they vary a great deal, from woman to woman, cycle to cycle and what point you are in your cycle. Also, pg women have higher levels.

If you were in the follicular phase, they should be pretty low, mid-luteal phase should be higher. 41 (assuming they are measuring in the standard units) sounds on higher side for even the LP. BUT! That is not necessarily a bad thing (I don't think). Some reports state that high progesterone can cause tiredness and/or increase the likelyhood of depression. When on BCP higher doses of progesterone can cause no AF. They call it atrophic uterus and it basically means the uterine lining doesn't build enough to slough. This happened to me and I was repeated told it was nothing to worry about.

Also, progesterone tends to be produced in bursts by your body. It's entirely possible that they caught a burst. You would need to take several levels and get an average if you REALLY want to be thorough.

Everything I've ever heard/read worries over LOW progesterone MUCH more than high. If I were you, I'd rest easy until you see the doc. It's probably not a problem at all. :) Obviously your doc will have better answers, but if I had to wait that long to talk to a doc, I would rather know my levels were high than low! :hugs:

Thanks girls! Really appreciate your advice and input.
I really hope this is my cycle
lets hope the witch stays away
xxx

I was told anything over 30 proves ovulation, so that's great. XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back