progesterone only pill

amyclaire

TTC late July 2010 :D
Reaction score
anyone on cerazette or another progesterone only pill?

just changed onto it - n starting to get weird bumpy itchy spots around my eyes and a couple more around my face :s

any good treatments???

STUPID PILL
xxx

I was. I hated it. My treatment??? Chuck it in the bin and use condoms till you are TTC! :D

i was on it for four months, thats a really strange side affect though are you sure its cerazette?
i had no periods on it up until now, but iv just stopped taking it because i cant cope with my periods being all over and wondering what contraceptives could do to fertility/how long it might take for periods to return once i want to ttc (about jul2011!! but im a worrier) so back to withdrawal for me.

im guessing its the cerazette - nothing else that i eat has changed recently - and its not the reaction i get to changes in weather!

felt ridiculously sick earlier as well.. again, blaming silly pill. not taken one today..

oh and i both hate condoms but i may consider coming off altogether and using withdrawal, making sure i know my cycle v well and not having sex during poss ovulation days....

n cocokitten, same as me, june 2011... its a long time to use withdrawal method, knowing me id "accidently" forget my ovulation days n end up pregnant..................... :pxxx

i know! ive been using withdrawal for about 2/3yrs with no problems, so my boyfriend wasnt too fussed about me coming off cerazette, but i just said it'll be typical that i do get knocked up! :p
to be honest i dont want to get pregnant right now but it wouldnt be the end of the world if i did, otherwise i suppose i wouldnt reccomend withdrawal if it would be a really really bad idea getting pregnant.
i havent got a clue how you work out ovulation days etc!?
oooh we'll be trying same time! (as long as we dont get carried away and slip up any earlier!)
how come youre waiting til then too?

ha i'll have to find the control... :p
work out cycle by getting ovulation tests.. and noticing icky things like cm. or just getting the ovulation tests!

well waiting till june 2011 ish, and we'll just be ntnp around then.. few reasons really, we still have 1 more year of uni to go, and just want to get properly settled with a mortgage first, still renting atm :s what about u?xxx

Cerazette is not a good pill if you intend to come off it and TTC straight away. I've been off it 4 months and things still arn't right. Good luck, but i'd take advice from what the others have said and chuck it in the bin and use condoms.

well havent taken it for 3 days now - i think im going to come off it like people are saying :) just got af so going to monitor what my bodys doing.. hate not really knowing whats going on! plus if i know when im ovulating we can just have sex around those days :)

thanks for the advice girlies :D xxx

ha i'll have to find the control... :p
work out cycle by getting ovulation tests.. and noticing icky things like cm. or just getting the ovulation tests!

well waiting till june 2011 ish, and we'll just be ntnp around then.. few reasons really, we still have 1 more year of uni to go, and just want to get properly settled with a mortgage first, still renting atm :s what about u?xxx

well my OH wants us to be married first (i was like its fine we can do it whenever) but i think i would quite like it, so hopefully we'll get married on our 5yr anniversary 31st july 2011 and then ttc on wedding night! i love all that tradition! ;)
and really i need to be learning to drive and pass my test. and we want to have a holiday together.
i want to move to but theres no need for it to be before we ttc.
im renting at the mo,not too fussed about ever getting a mortgage, i love the freedom of renting!

Hi. Yeah I was on Cerazette for a couple of months and I had the same side effect. It never occurred to me while I was on it but after reading this post I realised it must have been the pill. Personally I find Cerazette a horrible pill to be on and it caused other side effects like depression (even though it says it won't!!), severe breat pain for weeks on end, these itchy bumps you said about, decreased sex drive etc. I came off it a month ago and been using condoms and withdrawal and cycle charting since. Much happier :)
The bumps don't tend to go away completely for me, they'll disappear from one place and pop up somewhere else. I mainly got them around my mouth and jawline :s it's not something to worry about but it is uncomfortable. Go and see your Dr to see what he says.

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->