• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Progesterone Pessaries

zidane007

Reaction score
Hi,

My wife and I are going through ICSI and we had our egg collection on Friday 7th of June, with Embroyo transfer to take place tomorrow (Wed 12th June).

We were prescribed to take 2 lots of 400mg pessaries, morning and night, until our embroyo transfer. However, my wife forgot (yes, I have given her a massive telling off) to take the ones on the evening on Sunday and Monday. So far she has taken: -

Friday - Evening - Yes

Saturday - Morning - Yes, Evening - Yes

Sunday - Morning - Yes, Evening - No

Monday - Morning - Yes, Evening - No

Tuesday (today) - Morning - Yes, Afternoon - Yes, Evening - Will be!!!

We told the consultant and the nurse and they gave us a huge telling off and said we will have compromised the success of the procedure, and we may have to freeze whatever blastocysts we have tomorrow.

My wife is deeply upset and I have apologised to the clinic several times.

My wife is perfectly fine, with normal everything (progesterone levels, AMH etc.), produced 16 eggs, 12 that were mature, 9 that fertilised and that were doing well by Day 3. We appreciate and will have to accept that we may have f***** things up.

Is missing a couple of pessaries that big an issue? Is 400mg not a high dose anyway? She is making up for it by taking 3 today (as advised by the consultant). Can this not sort things out in time for tomorrow?

Help?

Are those the same as progesterone suppositories? If they are, they aren't usually used here in the states with IVF cycles. We use progesterone in oil injections instead because they are more effective. From what I understand, you shouldn't be using any sort of progesterone until after the egg retrieval (or ovulation, in the case of non assisted cycles). It will mess with the egg quality.

Yeah its the same. Yeah we have been using them since egg collection and we have transfer tomorrow. But we missed 2 and are stressing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->