Progesterone pessaries

Shezzy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Im not quite in the 2nd tri but just need some advice. At 6wks my dr gave me 4 wks worth of progesterone pessaries due to 2 previous miscarriage and said i would have a review to see how it was going and decide if i wanted to continue until 12 wks. After 4wks i called to book an appointment and was told he had written prescription already and i just had to collect it. I didnt see any dr but was given another 4 weeks worth. Now im thinking ill take it till 14 wks seeing as it wont do any harm.

I wanted to know, for the ladies that took progesterone, when did you stop and did you go cold turkey or wean youself off. Im scared ill come off them and miscarry again. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Xx

I took it until 12 weeks in first trimester. When my cervix started shortening in third trimester at 26 weeks my dr re prescribed it and I'm still taking them now at 34 weeks.

I'd just take it until you are given advice otherwise :) I was on them from 24-34 weeks so there's no harm having them for longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->