progesterone supp how far do you put them?

joeys3453

Pregnant with Twins
Reaction score
hi ladies did my first iui yesterday and am on progesterone supp 50 mg 2x a day but i am not sure how far to insert it and if it goes to far is it going to cause any damage?:shrug:

Is this rectally or vaginally?

If it's rectally you should (sorry this sounds gross) push until the pessary is no longer sticking out at all, then your muscles will pull and keep it in.

If it's vaginally I push up a full fingers length, so that it sort of goes into the cavity area v's the narrower vaginal canal.

You can not do any damage either way providing you are gentle with your own fingernails of course.

good luck :)

I asked the consultant the vary same thing at my IVF review - she said to just go as far as you can vaginally. I was worried that I wasn't going far enough but she said that is was fine. Good luck with your IUI cycle.

yes it is vaginally. i pushed until it goes over my pubic bone i don't know if that is too far? there is never any TMI here!:blush:

dizzikel so it is ok to push it in like a tampon?:blush: :haha: i just hear so many people say they only put it in barely and it falls out? are you suppose to lay down for a while too???:shrug:

dizzikel so it is ok to push it in like a tampon?:blush: :haha: i just hear so many people say they only put it in barely and it falls out? are you suppose to lay down for a while too???:shrug:

Yeah, that is fine. You can use a canesten applicator if you wish but the doctor said it doesn't need to go far to do its job. I tried to lay down for half an hour after and did the second one before bed so I was laying down all night. They are a bit messy so had to wear a panty liner though.

Yeah, that is fine. You can use a canesten applicator if you wish but the doctor said it doesn't need to go far to do its job. I tried to lay down for half an hour after and did the second one before bed so I was laying down all night. They are a bit messy so had to wear a panty liner though.

i am fine doing it the way i am doing it but didn't know if putting it that far was causing damage or if it needed to be in a little less? they never tell you that part. I don't have that much time to get to work so i put it in when i got out of the shower and got ready and i get to work in like 5 minutes and i just sit down at my desk all day. so I would think that would be ok. I think with putting it up so far i didn't have a problem with it being messy i was just afraid if i went to the bathroom it would come out but i assume it dissolves pretty quick?:shrug: I think tonight it won't be bad this morning is the first time i had to do it.

i am fine doing it the way i am doing it but didn't know if putting it that far was causing damage or if it needed to be in a little less? they never tell you that part. I don't have that much time to get to work so i put it in when i got out of the shower and got ready and i get to work in like 5 minutes and i just sit down at my desk all day. so I would think that would be ok. I think with putting it up so far i didn't have a problem with it being messy i was just afraid if i went to the bathroom it would come out but i assume it dissolves pretty quick?:shrug: I think tonight it won't be bad this morning is the first time i had to do it.

Sounds fine hun.

Good luck for tonight :hugs:

I called my dr to make sure and she said that it doesn't matter how far you put them it should still work???

It will basically disolve up there into your uterus, so as long as you put it in enough so it doesnt fall out, you dont have anything to worry about. Be prepared for some discharge tho :)
I took the suppositories last time i was pregnant, but this time they gave some other progesterone suppliment, in the form of a tube and i have to squeese it up in there.
FUN FUN FUN lol

I have to use the same stuff.. Crinone? I insert it like a tampon but as far in as I can get it. Its supost be up there. I only have to take it at night. But Pads are my best friend right now because it can leak, but dont worry, youll get all the progesterone you need from it. Every night I would take a shower before I inserted it and I would have to "clean out" because it will cause build up. Like a cottage cheese looking discharge..

I have to use the same stuff.. Crinone? I insert it like a tampon but as far in as I can get it. Its supost be up there. I only have to take it at night. But Pads are my best friend right now because it can leak, but dont worry, youll get all the progesterone you need from it. Every night I would take a shower before I inserted it and I would have to "clean out" because it will cause build up. Like a cottage cheese looking discharge..

mine must be a little different but probably close to the same stuff. but i didn't have to use a pad or anything there is a little discharge but not much today. i will find out tonight what it is about and if i need to change anything. Do you have to insert it past your pubic bone?:shrug:

Joes3453, i think you are doing it fine, think about how far you insert a tampon, its like the same thing. Did they give you an applicator thing? If not, you can go to a compounding pharmacy and ask them for one.

Joes3453, i think you are doing it fine, think about how far you insert a tampon, its like the same thing. Did they give you an applicator thing? If not, you can go to a compounding pharmacy and ask them for one.

they didn't give me one and i am ok using my finger:blush: i just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to far or not far enough! :dohh:

Oh, boy!!! No applicator????? Well My applicator is about the length of a tampon. so think of it that way!

has anyone done an iui and did opk after and still got a + or smiley face two days later after the iui and trigger on sunday iui tuesday + or smiley face from mon-thursday

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->