Progesterone suppository right after ovulation

Rawan

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Yesterday morning my fertility clinic confirmed that I ovulated and told me to start progesterone suppository. I've been reading online usually it's recommended to start progesterone suppository around 3 dpo, did I start too early? I started the night when the nurse told me in the afternoon that I ovulated. The nurse who called me just told me it's ok to start, but I am reading conflicting information online. Anyone took progesterone suppository before, and when did you start? Thank you!

I always did it by 2-3dpo. Its so you can be sure you O'd. But if your dr said you O'd, then start taking them. If you didn't O and you took them, it can delay or stop O. That's why there's usually a 2-3 day delay - just so you can be sure you actually O'd. :)

Thank you for the reply! I did bloodwork and ultrasound in the morning, and in the afternoon the nurse called me and said it seemed I ovulated so I can start taking the progesterone suppository, so it's like I took it the same day I ovulated, I wish she told me to start around 3 dpo. I hope I didn't take it too early. I wonder if there will be any negative effect if I take it after confirmed ovulation, but before 3 dpo?

QUOTE="mara16jade, post: 39172795, member: 327891"]I always did it by 2-3dpo. Its so you can be sure you O'd. But if your dr said you O'd, then start taking them. If you didn't O and you took them, it can delay or stop O. That's why there's usually a 2-3 day delay - just so you can be sure you actually O'd. :)[/QUOTE]

If you confirmed ovulation, then it's fine. My OB told me to take it 3 days after ovulation bc I was just going by opks, not scans and such , so he said wait 3 days to be sure I ovulated. Since you had a scan and the nurse confirmed it, then it's fine. It's best to start as soon as possible after ovulation.

If you confirmed ovulation, then it's fine. My OB told me to take it 3 days after ovulation bc I was just going by opks, not scans and such , so he said wait 3 days to be sure I ovulated. Since you had a scan and the nurse confirmed it, then it's fine. It's best to start as soon as possible after ovulation.
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->