progesterone testing

Lindz152

1 beautiful girl, now ttc
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm 31 years old and have one daughter of 4 years. For the last 18 months my husband and I have been trying for another baby. I have had one ectopic and four miscarriages so far. We have had all the hospital tests and all came back normal. However, I have never been offered a test for my progesterone levels. I asked the midwife at the clinic who said that they did not test my hormone levels there, but I could be involved in a research programme which would mean that I have a 50% chance of being given progesterone, or it could be a placebo. I have read lots of forums on miscarriage in which women have been offered tests straight away for their progesterone levels. Is this something that I should be able to have, has anyone else had any experience of this? I'm really confused and not sure which way to turn now!

I had a mc back in October and have not been able to conceive since. After reading about symptoms of low progesterone I have made a doc appointment to discuss this. I am assuming it's a blood test. I've had lots of spotting and light cramping between cycles. It seems like it should be an easy test...I wonder why they haven't tested yours.

Yes, I'm having all my hormones tested at different points in my cycle. I'm in the US though, and I'm wondering if the UK is different (assuming that is where you are?).

I'll be getting progesterone this cycle, but haven't done the progesterone test yet. So, maybe I should say that I might be getting progesterone this cycle. AFAIK, it's a simple blood test at CD21 or 7DPO. I don't understand why they aren't doing the test for you. Definitely ask to see if they'll do it, because you deserve some answers! Spotting before your period could be a symptom of progesterone deficiency, from what I've read.

Thanks, I think I'm going to make a doctors app, and go and discuss it with them. I'm fed up of being messed around, you really have to push if you want something done don't you!

Hi,

I'm 31 years old and have one daughter of 4 years. For the last 18 months my husband and I have been trying for another baby. I have had one ectopic and four miscarriages so far. We have had all the hospital tests and all came back normal. However, I have never been offered a test for my progesterone levels. I asked the midwife at the clinic who said that they did not test my hormone levels there, but I could be involved in a research programme which would mean that I have a 50% chance of being given progesterone, or it could be a placebo. I have read lots of forums on miscarriage in which women have been offered tests straight away for their progesterone levels. Is this something that I should be able to have, has anyone else had any experience of this? I'm really confused and not sure which way to turn now!

It is worth a try because some people believe that is the problem. Maybe it will help with your miscarriage situation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->